Equinox Waterproof Headphones From Hungary

All is not lost, I was finally able to remove the speakers from the headset using a narrow blade knife.

So off to the store I went to purchase a pair of self adhesive felt furniture pads (3-1/2 x 4") which were then cut and notched to fit the speaker housings,  carefully minding the wires the pads were placed in the housings.  At the store I had also purchased a tube of mold and mildew preventative Kitchen & Bath caulk which was generously smeared over the felt. Popped in the speakers and done.

Tested against the neighbors mower and seems to be a huge improvement in sound reduction.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jackpine said:

All is not lost, I was finally able to remove the speakers from the headset using a narrow blade knife.

So off to the store I went to purchase a pair of self adhesive felt furniture pads (3-1/2 x 4") which were then cut and notched to fit the speaker housings,  carefully minding the wires the pads were placed in the housings.  At the store I had also purchased a tube of mold and mildew preventative Kitchen & Bath caulk which was generously smeared over the felt. Popped in the speakers and done.

Tested against the neighbors mower and seems to be a huge improvement in sound reduction.

Sounds like a winner!

Got a set of each, one with the Visation speakers and the first set he had with the piezos. The Speaker ones sound much nicer than any piezo does and are my wading headphones (speakers don't do so well when submerged). They are plenty loud, however, the lower mid tone is weaker than the mid and high tones,  actually too loud above 23 for me. My hearing is poor (military/shooting/motocross/etc/etc)  with tinnitus. 

The piezo ones look the same but are not as loud.  They are louder than GG or Koss' on a CTX, but still "lacking" for underwater use, imo. Found that i have to stop breathing (scuba) often to hear targets and have just been taking my Excal instead, ...bummer!  Had hoped Minelab would have surely made this detector have adequate volume capabilities (after the CTX was a Huge fail in this volume department underwater/waterproof).  

Will try the Koss yellows, not with high hopes,   if a set ever becomes available.......     

Have had several GG waterproofs and compared many times with Koss yellows in the past, so not high hopes for the GG's either

Wish there was a software "fix" to up the volume for shallow underwater use  ((  Minelab...  = HINT HINT ))

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rc2125 said:

Got a set of each, one with the Visation speakers and the first set he had with the piezos. The Speaker ones sound much nicer than any piezo does and are my wading headphones (speakers don't do so well when submerged). They are plenty loud, however, the lower mid tone is weaker than the mid and high tones,  actually too loud above 23 for me. My hearing is poor (military/shooting/motocross/etc/etc)  with tinnitus. 

The piezo ones look the same but are not as loud.  They are louder than GG or Koss' on a CTX, but still "lacking" for underwater use, imo. Found that i have to stop breathing (scuba) often to hear targets and have just been taking my Excal instead, ...bummer!  Had hoped Minelab would have surely made this detector have adequate volume capabilities (after the CTX was a Huge fail in this volume department underwater/waterproof).  

Will try the Koss yellows, not with high hopes,   if a set ever becomes available.......     

Have had several GG waterproofs and compared many times with Koss yellows in the past, so not high hopes for the GG's either

Wish there was a software "fix" to up the volume for shallow underwater use  ((  Minelab...  = HINT HINT ))

Yeah it seems they put a small amp inside the equinox and it just doesn’t have the power to run anything for water use.

An external amp would definitely fix it but it’s a PITA to have another set of batteries to charge or replace ?

• 2 weeks later...

I finally had a chance to take mine in the water. I think they are loud enough for me. I had boats and wind but could hear fine. Comfortable enough to wear for a while. Cord was long enough. I have not submerged them, that comes over the next few days. The description in the eBay listing for mine was that they have the Visaton waterproof diaphragm loudspeakers. 

BTW, they haven’t increased my finds magically yet ?