Know Anything About South West Idaho / South East Oregon

I am going out on my first detecting trip I think I'll be using an xterra 705.  The area I am interested in  is south western idaho generlly around  silver city the war eagle mine  and a few other spots up there> I still have alot to do in terms of research  and permission.   I t looks promising , rugged and well who knows?   Does anyone know if this  is what you would call a mineralized soil area?   I may drive on over to  the Jordan valley area of oregon as well.    any knowledge on this location?

Thanks in advance.

GOLD AND SILVER IN OREGON by Howard C. Brooks and Len Ramp 1968
Bulletin 61 STATE OF OREGON DEPARTMENT OF GEOLOGY AND MINERAL INDUSTRIES

Mining in Idaho 1985 Idaho State Historical Society

Gold Camps & Silver Cities by Merle W. Wells 1983
Bulletin 22 Idaho Department of Lands Bureau of Mines and Geology

I would operate under the assumption that all mining areas are mineralized soil areas.

• Thanks 1

Around Silver City and War Eagle the entire area is mineralized, though it isn't really nugget country. Most of the production has come from the lode mines, but there is some placer in Jordan Creek and other tributaries. Very silvery gold with high silver content. If I was intent on metal detecting there, I'd be more focused on coins and relics. I suppose the mine dumps could possibly produce some specimens. 

15 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

GOLD AND SILVER IN OREGON by Howard C. Brooks and Len Ramp 1968
Bulletin 61 STATE OF OREGON DEPARTMENT OF GEOLOGY AND MINERAL INDUSTRIES

Mining in Idaho 1985 Idaho State Historical Society

Gold Camps & Silver Cities by Merle W. Wells 1983
Bulletin 22 Idaho Department of Lands Bureau of Mines and Geology

I would operate under the assumption that all mining areas are mineralized soil areas.

That is pretty much what I thought   Which is why I am trying to figure my options and leaning towards a pi machine.  I have a line on an xterra 705 I know it is vlf   It it has the smaller coil.  Just not sure if it will work in. Highly militarized soil but it is better than nothing.   

As for nuggets  perhaps. I am clueless but I always that that all gold starts out as lode gold  or is geothermal or intrusive through eart process.   Then as  the earth is eroded away it winds up in streams as placer gold.  But inbetween it is moving down hill slowly and in pieces as nuggets ? 

I have a couple of those books and will get the others ASAP.  

So if I don’t find a good deal on a pi.  Is the 705; worth  getting ?  Waiting isn’t an option.