Out With The Makro Multi Kruzer

Same here Terry, I am really enjoying the Mult-Kruzer a lot.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A mate of mine has a Multi Kruzer and he says it works on the salt wet . I have seen one at my local dealer and apart from tones and the S stem i like it . I have to admit i am tempted to buy one . 

Now coinage is harder to find on beaches i could sell my Terra 705 and along with my £350 coming back from the sale of the Explorer 11 would have enough to buy a Kruzer .

I will be passing Detecnicks on Tuesday , i might be coming home with a Kruzer ? Or not ?

My E.Trac with good tones and near perfect target id can deal with the dry tops on my trashy beaches if i sell the Terra .

The only other thing i am worried about is that along with almost everything else , it has been made obsolete by the Equinox ? .

• Like 1

I don't have a distinct preference for S rod versus straight shaft as I have had both types be very comfortable, and I have had examples of both types that were very uncomfortable. I have never held the Multi Kruzer but have had my hands on the Gold Kruzer recently. This is one of those S rods that works well for me. I am a thin guy with smallish hands and the Gold Kruzer grip and arm cup are really good for me. People with really large hands and large forearms may feel that they are too small. The one I have is very stout, very solid with no annoying wiggle.

The hand drip is rubber and should stand up to in water use better than foam type grips. The arm cup is narrower than most and made of a flexible plastic with no foam lining. Again, nice for in water use for me at least since there is little slop in the arm cup making it comfortable for me to use without an arm strap. For comparison the Equinox hand grip is slightly too large for my hand and not as comfortable.

It's the best Makro / Nokta rod and grip for my arm and hand so far, but we all know how that goes. One person's good fit is another's bad fit so no manufacturer is ever going to get 100% on rod and grip designs.

makro-kruzer-detector-grip-handle.jpg

makro-gold-kruzer-handle-grip.jpg

• Like 4

Yesterday i made my mind up and bought a Multi Kruzer and sold my Terra 705 . If nothing else at least i have 3 weatherproof machines . In a while i will take both my Nox and Kruzer to a sandy beach and compare them . Doesn't matter to me if either is better . Both are keepers . 

Now for the ET replacement ! Not the CTX .

Terry,

Can you elaborate on the 5khz helping?  I have been unable so far to determine much of a difference...are you hearing more, less, or just different in 5 vs both or just the 19khz?