Zeroed It Down To The Right Area. First Nox Silver!

Some great finds! Congrats on the Rosie!!:biggrin:

Great stuff, Elf!  Looks like a GREAT training ground for your Equinox, and you even have narrowed in on some older coins.  Superb!  Curious, how deep are you finding the wheats and the silver?  Given the sandy conditions, I'd expect things "sink," and thus end up deeper, faster, than in other parts of the country, yes?

Steve

1 hour ago, steveg said:

Great stuff, Elf!  Looks like a GREAT training ground for your Equinox, and you even have narrowed in on some older coins.  Superb!  Curious, how deep are you finding the wheats and the silver?  Given the sandy conditions, I'd expect things "sink," and thus end up deeper, faster, than in other parts of the country, yes?

Steve

Actually, most of the coins I pulled out of this patch were no deeper than 5". Some of the non-coins were deeper. The sand is overlaying a rock and dirt layer, so that may be holding the coins up higher.

I'll be posting today's finds later. More Silver including another Rosie, and my first Merc, also a 1938 French 10 centime. All from that first block of demolished houses.

• Like 1

Nice dime!  5 Wheaties, too.  You're headed in the right direction.  What is "Diamond Jim's"?  Is that token for a pinball machine?  It appears to have a lot of wear so may have been used a lot.

Did you look at the old USGS (Topo) maps on the historicalaerials.com website?  I would look at the oldest structures they show and hunt those grounds, assuming they are accessible today.  Only one month left and too much ground to cover....

Thursday, I finished off the first block (Red X on the map). About three hours of swinging. Not as productive a count of coins as Wednesday, but the area was different from the lower corner from Wednesday. Nonetheless, some very interesting finds, and while swinging while walking back to the car, and on the very last target singing in my ears (26 bouncing to 27), I dug four inches and was greeted by the color of Silver for the second time today! My first EVER Merc dime!! (I swung a GTI 2500 off and on for ten years, and never saw one). Goes to show that you should keep swinging till its time to unlock the car door!

Take of the day:
Copper Pennies: 1949,1961,1962,1967, 1973,1978,1979, 1982(3.11g)
Wheaties: 1945 Steel, 1955
Clad Dimes: 1969, 1973,1988
SILVER Dimes: 1924 Mercury, 1946 Rosie
Foreign Coins: 1938 French Liberte Egalite Fraternite 10 Centime
Tokens: Two Exhilarama tokens within 3 ft of each other
Misc: Padlock with key still in it. Matchbox-Style Police Car. Some very archaic Coax Chord connector.

This is the area completed. MUCH more to go!
SchoolHousingThursday.thumb.jpg.42af62c6124b13d9475beeae9f28de9a.jpg 

SILVER! YAYYY!
mercdime1.jpg.d3962f965881daa0848e0eaab4a2884a.jpg1946Rosie.jpg.9727aa8bc173d05a75fca95c71326c3d.jpg

Tokens and Frenchie
exhilarama.jpg.661888255c756091309340ef7f285e63.jpgliberteegalite.jpg.bdb98ea9562e00d57242dfe3d77a9961.jpg

The miscellaneous...
JunkFinds.thumb.jpg.1a30317eb7e8b03dfd1c058cffd711c5.jpg

Only difference from Wednesday on settings was running Iron Bias at 1, and Sensitivity to 22.
Lots more work to do!! Silver is waiting!!

• Like 6