Latest News On The QED ?

5 hours ago, Reg Wilson said:

Whitbey, the outlet for QED in Australia is Detech Australia. Your search engine will soon turn that up for you, and the price in Australian dollars is $1,850. The exchange rate at the moment I think is probably around one Australian dollar equals 75 US cents, so that would mean a QED would cost less than US$1,400. You will find Pete at Detech a very helpful guy who knows his stuff.

If I can be of any further help please let me know.

Thank you for this information, a very interesting light weight PI gold detector, I will be watching it closely!

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I linked to the QED websites on the first page of this thread. Here they are again....

QED Metal Detector Website

QED Detech Complete Package

Thanks Steve H.

Hi Whitbey. Here's another QED link:

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/4255-gold-found-with-qed/

Haven't been prospecting since those finds last year. Too busy farming through a drought ATM  :sad:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since the QED does not come with headphones I have been experimenting with audio systems. Some headphones seem to lack volume while certain cordless systems suffer from problems such as signal lag and interference.

Early Bluetooth cordless suffered from lag, but the newer ones seem to have overcome this problem. Some cause interference with the electronics, and some have a background cycling noise, causing rising and falling in the threshold. Experimentation has eliminated a number of products that are just not good enough to be useful on a detector. Rather than list the failures, I shall give a report on those that get the 'thumbs up'.

The Seinheisser R-160 Kleer TX and headphones are great, with volume control on both the transmitter and phones with clean sound and volume. Rechargeable and replaceable batteries in TX and phones.

Garret Z-Link TX and RX (volume control) paired with Bose noise cancelling ear buds. (expensive combination but great) This setup is better for the hot weather as a wide brimmed hat can be worn.

This combo is dirt cheap, but surprisingly good. Generic (tiny) Chinese Bluetooth TX (unit can be TX or RX) paired to Bauhn (Aldi) Bluetooth headphones (with volume control). The TX needs to be mounted on the shaft as interference does occur if mounted on control box. This combo is crisp, clear, and has no cycling or background hum. Great value as this setup cost less than aus$60. Thats around us$40.

Will be experimenting shortly with noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones, and Bluetooth speakers.

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

Thanks Steve for being very fair and unbiased in regard to the QED. I just hope that one day you guys will get a chance to try it for yourselves. What excites me is the fact that Howard is constantly working on improving  an already capable machine.

• Like 1

Unearthing a colour. Love that white Tertiary gravel. :smile:

A video just sent to Howard (QED inventor) from Queensland, Australia:

• Like 1