6"x10" Coil For Minelab Equinox

That would be interesting if you did . Like said I wouldn’t go there .

Looks like that is something I would want.

Thanks for the show and tell.

Chuck

Let me get this straight, are you saying that the lower rod from the Gold Monster will fit the Equinox middle rod? Or that the coil from the Gold Monster fits the Equinox lower rod perfectly.

Dan -- I thought I understood Steve as saying just the lower YOKE on the Gold Monster rod, the part where the coil bolt goes through, was the same as the Equinox's, not the whole rod.  If the whole lower rod is the same....that's good to know.  Will be waiting for Steve's answer...

Steve

The Gold Monster does not use the same shaft at all - it is a screw together thing. The end where the coils attach is the only part that is the same. I never used my Gold Monster rod and immediately replaced it with a three piece one similar to what the Equinox uses. However, the Gold Monster shaft being very stout I may now put into use as a water rod for the Equinox.

Here is the rod assembly that ships with the Gold Monster. The lower rod is the same as the Equinox except for the very upper part, where a screw in flange has been added. This makes the Gold Monster lower rod unusable on Equinox unless that flange is sawed off. Which ruins it for use with the rest of the Gold Monster rod. I considered it since I have not used the rod but decided using the entire assembly for water hunting might be a better idea.

minelab-gold-monster-1000-three-piece-rod-assembly.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dan(NM) said:

Steve, does the gold monster use the same middle shaft as well as the lower shaft? Thanks.

I went back and reread what you had written Steve. I understand now what you were saying. I guess I got a little too excited thinking that we had a answer to the lower rod situation. Thanks for the clarification.

I would Love to have a 6x10 coil for the Equinox. I have very seriously thought about just waiting until it happens before getting another coil. I mostly hunt yards and the 6x10 would be my everyday coil for sure. 

• Like 1

We’ve been asking for a closed loop elliptical coil like the GM1000 6" x 10" coil since the Equinox and it’s coils were announced.

Minelab make it happen!  Not only would I be the first one in line to order it, but I can pretty much guarantee it’ll be your most ordered optional Equinox coil.  Relic hunters and prospectors alike will have to have this coil.  Just ensure it’s as deep, with equal or better separation capabilities as the stock 11” DD coil.

• Like 1

I think they would also see quite a few people hop off the fence and purchase an equinox if they were to make a 6 x 10 coil, I am one of those people, i have no doubt that the equinox is a great machine and that it can find gold without the "gold" style/spec coil however i am in no hurry to buy anything and am waiting to see if they will release it before jumping into the equinox. 

I cant see it doing any bad things to the GM sales as it is an entirely different prospect and sits at a completely different price point, if anything it will be better for minelab as it will be easier to walk people up the range from the GM ($1k) to a higher value detector in the equinox + extra coil (1.5k) - for an extra $500 you get a high spec coin/relic machine + a high spec Gold VLF. No brainer! 

• Like 1