Hello E800 - Hat's Off To E600

Tiftaaft

3 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Some people may think having two Equinox is nuts, but for what I had wrapped up in a CTX with three accessory coils I can own a couple Equinox and all the coils and still put over $1000 back in my pocket.

Love the big silver!

Agreed Steve.  For many reasons, getting the 600 while waiting for the 800 was one of the smartest things I have ever done. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

A part of me hesitates to transition to the E800 after all the success I have had with the E600.  But of course, I am very excited to utilize the additional functionality of the E800.  While my time with the E600 will not be ending (I plan on equipping it with the 6" or 15" coils when they are released, as well as using it for water hunting), if the E800 exceeds my experience with the E600 - that will be INCREDIBLY IMPRESSIVE based on my experience with the E600 over the past few months. 

Your plan for the 600 is EXACTLY what my plan is as well. Just waiting on the 800 to arrive!

• Like 2

I have both the 800 and 600 and the 600 does equally well as the 800. I love them both. I actually canceled an order for a CTX back in FEB. I was going to buy a CTX if I could get in on the 1st shipment of the Equinox but the dealer said I had to wait my turn so I canceled and found one by contacting other dealers.. I guess I save myself over a $1000 bucks by canceling and buying a 600 after I found the 800. 

In park 1 and Park 2 I found no noticeable difference in the twp detectors. Maybe some of the more technical guys can but I don't care about the science of the detector I like the simplicity and results.. I may miss a few good finds because I don't know how to tweak it for every huntin situation but in the long haul I will find as much or more than anyone just not big silver to brag about.. 

I tried field 1 on Sat and actually liked it in the 2 tone.. I hunted with it wide open and even hunted hitting the horseshoe.. I am going back to that field in a day or two when I have more time.. Sat morning I had a backdoor emergency so I had to head home and shower. 

• Like 2

Nice silver half dollar!  Haven't seen any 'finds' posts from you lately, Tim, and was wondering if you found an new hobby.  :biggrin:

Halves are pretty rare finds for multiple reasons.  First, there weren't that many made or circulated compared to quarters and dimes.  Add the fact that because of their size they were more noticeable coming out of the pocket and then easier to spot sitting on top of the ground.  Lastly, if you lost 50 cents back when a dollar was worth a lot more you might even make an effort to retrace your tracks looking for it.  (I would have....)

That silver quarter (another excellent find) would have been enough to make me happy.  Way to go and keep up the posts.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Norm S said:

I have both the 800 and 600 and the 600 does equally well as the 800. I love them both. I actually canceled an order for a CTX back in FEB. I was going to buy a CTX if I could get in on the 1st shipment of the Equinox but the dealer said I had to wait my turn so I canceled and found one by contacting other dealers.. I guess I save myself over a $1000 bucks by canceling and buying a 600 after I found the 800. 

In park 1 and Park 2 I found no noticeable difference in the twp detectors. Maybe some of the more technical guys can but I don't care about the science of the detector I like the simplicity and results.. I may miss a few good finds because I don't know how to tweak it for every huntin situation but in the long haul I will find as much or more than anyone just not big silver to brag about.. 

I tried field 1 on Sat and actually liked it in the 2 tone.. I hunted with it wide open and even hunted hitting the horseshoe.. I am going back to that field in a day or two when I have more time.. Sat morning I had a backdoor emergency so I had to head home and shower. 

I was wondering whatever happened to that CTX, Norm  You don't know how glad I am that you were able to cancel.  Not because the CTX is not a good detector, but it seemed awfully redundant to get a CTX AND Equinox.  If you subsequently determined the Equinox was not "all that" after giving it a fair shake, that would be one thing, but it did not seem to be a good economic decision at the time with Equinox sight unseen in terms of what it was capable of doing vs. the higher priced CTX.  And as you can see, you still have room to buy even more Equinoxes for the grand kids and still have money in your pocket (not to mention the clad finds you keep refilling your pockets with).  HH

• Like 1

NICE SILVERS, Tim!!  Way to go on the BIG one!!

Steve 

• Thanks 1