Mpow H4 Headphones Will Only Pair Standard Aptx. Update Page 3!

My headphones arrived, and I fully charged them. Followed the directions for pairing with the 600. It pairs, but only to the basic Bluetooth symbol. I cannot pair to the Low Latency + symbol, and it clearly has some very discernable latency.  I have no idea how to figure out whether it's the headphones or the 600 which is not pairing to full APTX LL.  I need help!  Any ideas? I tried Factory Reset on the 600 three times, and reset the pairing function on the headphones a number of times. No joy.

My Minelab wireless headphones work fine with my 600 but this morning they would only work if I turned on my WM08 module and then they paired fine and I left the module in the truck and away I went

That's not good. I just paired and unpaired several headphones - the Minelab ML80, my Apple Airpods, and some Sony headphones. The ML80 and Airpods go straight to the Low Latency + symbol when paired. The Sony headphones are regular aptX and the + does not appear, and lag is evident.

The Mpow comes in both regular aptX and aptx-LL versions and it may be you were shipped the regular version?

From Equinox Owner's Manual page 56:

Pairing Wireless Headphones

Pairing the ML 80 headphones is only required at first time use. EQUINOX will then automatically connect to the headphones for all future uses.

Re-pairing will be required if a different wireless device has been connected to the detector (e.g. WM 08), or following detector factory reset.

1. Ensure your wireless headphones are turned off and are no more than 1 metre (3-feet) away from the detector.
  2. Press and hold the Multi-Function button on the ML 80 headphones until two ascending tones are heard and the LED alternates blue and red.
  3. Press the wireless button on the side of the EQUINOX control panel for 5 seconds until the Wireless icon starts to flash rapidly. For first-time use of the EQUINOX, or following a factory reset, a short press of the Wireless button will immediately start the pairing sequence.
  4. The EQUINOX first attempts to pair with a WM 08 module for 15 seconds, indicated by the Wireless icon flashing on the LCD. If a WM 08 is not found within this time, EQUINOX will then attempt to pair with Bluetooth® headphones for 5 minutes, or until pairing is complete. This is indicated by the Bluetooth® icon flashing on the LCD. The Pairing process can be interrupted at any time by pressing the Wireless button.
  5. If pairing is successful, the Bluetooth® and Wireless icons on the LCD will remain steady on. The headphones will beep and the Status LED will flash blue once every 3 seconds. If the pairing is not successful within 5 minutes of being initiated, the headphones will go into standby mode.

minelab-equinox-ml80-headphones-instructions-page-1.jpg

I really want these to work. They are incredibly comfortable and the volume controls are perfectly placed.  I'll call Minelab in the morning and see if they can troubleshoot. Otherwise, it's back to China and the crappy English speaking folks there. (Not their fault, but difficult to explain the problems if necessary)

I did follow page 56 to the letter, along with the H4 instructions. Pairing did exactly what the manual said it would, but only connected to Bluetooth...and wow, that lag is unacceptable!!

• The title was changed to Mpow H4 Headphones Arrived. Will Only Pair Standard Aptx, No Low Latency?

Thanks Phrunt.  I want to make sure it's not the 600 before I create a dispute.  That being said, I will keep that option open. It may, in fact, be a problem with the Equinox, not the headphones.  I need to find someone with a pair of Apple Air Pods to test those with the Nox.

What's the headphone's led-indicator stating when it is paired to your phone?

I couldn't find the user manual.. but that led should tell you in which mode it is paired.

4 hours ago, Sinclair said:

What's the headphone's led-indicator stating when it is paired to your phone?

I couldn't find the user manual.. but that led should tell you in which mode it is paired.

The headphones don't have that feature referenced in the manual. Double blinking blue light while paired, and voice confirmation is what I experience while paired in Bluetooth Non-LL.

Phrunt,  What does your headphones led indicate while paired LL on the 800?

4 minutes ago, SittingElf said:

The headphones don't have that feature referenced in the manual.

Bummer.. was just an idea..

Hmmm...

You got me thinking about my Mpow earbuds. They connect with no + sign but seem to work fine.

So I set up a test with 6 items to see if definition and separation were an issue.

I was unable to determine any signal lag between wired headphones and wireless earbuds.  The main differences were lack of bass response on earbuds, and the silver 5c piece was crisper sounding.

All I can say is try a test between the wired and wireless.  Hope that helps, a bit.

They have severe lag when paired to the 600 on Bluetooth only. Definitely NOT LL paired.