Lunk

A Crumby Saturday Afternoon (arvo)

My first time nugget hunting with my Equinox 800 - full story here:

• Like 7

WTG 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, goldseeker4000 said:

Why was it crummy? You had some nice pieces from the Equinox.

Crumb size pieces I am guessing. Stil....it is gold & no catch & release of the tiddlers :biggrin: Well... I know I don't anyway. :smile:

Best of luck out there

JW :rolleyes:

• Like 1

WTG magic arvo.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, goldseeker4000 said:

Why was it crummy? You had some nice pieces from the Equinox.

Kiwi is right - it’s merely a play on words. I throughly enjoy crumbing.😎

Great review always get information who would of thought that the equinox would find gold behind the gold monster 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rusty1212 said:

who would of thought that the equinox would find gold behind the gold monster 

ME....only because I have...... Numerous times...... It did surprise me at the time.....especially with that 11" coil.....but not any more. Just now accept the Minelab Magic.:wub:

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MCH2
      Streamlining
      At the moment I am a quantity clad hunter. Just looking for more efficient ways of operating. Currently I am using the Equinox 600 with wireless low latency headphones.  I use park mode 1 with 50 tones and leave open VDI numbers 13, and 24 to 38.   My method: I mostly bend at the waist with a little knee flex to dig (no kneeling); most coins are less than 5" deep. I use a Lesche 10" hand trowel and a smaller wider trowel for popping near surface coins. I only bend over once per target. I use a pinpointer after initial coil pinpointing leaving the pinpointer on facing away from the target while digging, dig target, pinpoint again as needed, recover target, turn pinpointer off, fill in hole, pick up tools, then straighten back up, pocket finds, holster tools and give the hole a final step on and start sweeping again. I have gone from using the pinpointer holster to using my back pants pocket as this is faster to draw and replace without having to stop and look to holster. Also started using a quicker holster for my larger trowel and keep my small wider trowel in my other back pocket. I use a small tie on hardware apron with a pocket for finds and a pocket for trash.  My 600 is tethered to my belt with an elastic bungee cord so it hangs and moves with me when I bend and straighten up; it never gets laid on the ground.
      Anyone like to share their method of streamlining to increase efficiency and cut down on redundancy.
       Malcolm
    • By Belgy1972
      Now that we've all had a bit of time to enjoy the Nox whether that be the 600 or 800.
      Which mode do you think is the best and why, more to the point what do you think the benefits are over the other modes. I prefer park 2 as i find with the right sweep speed there is very little falsing compared to the others especially field 2.
    • By midalake
      Can someone tell me how long the coil wire is? Coil through connector,

Thanks Dave
    • By Nuke em
      On Youtube i saw from another forum link that a bloke has found another way to check for bad targets on his 600 . I assume its the same for the 800 .
      The Minelab Equinox 'Hack' - Target ID Trick.
      Starts at 1.49 minutes

• By Smithsgold
      Gold on the Feather
      Watch as Jeff takes you on a short panning trip on the Feather River in Northern California in search of Gold !!!

• By foreverteachable
      I took Dean's advice about using higher recovery speeds in trashy area to separate signals betters. Two wheaties I found yesterday were in the same very trashy areas I had detected previously with a sweep speed of 1. I believe the higher sweep speed on the 600 of 2-3 did help unmask them. If you go from Park settings to Field settings you will notice the difference as well in how the signals stand out more in trashy areas. There seems to be sort of a lag time/longer signal in Park 1 than in Field 2. I have also been checking signals found with a sweep speed of 1 with different recovery speeds to see if depth is affected and haven't seen a major difference. I have been keeping the sweep speed settings low because I watched an air test video on Youtube showing a major difference in depth during air testing. I am not convinced that lowering recovery speed gives one more depth but I did notice more falsing on cut nails and bigger iron when I raised the sweep speed. Has anyone else noticed it and has anyone seen a difference in depth at higher recovery speeds on actual targets in the ground?