Where They Are Selling All The Gold Detectors

Notice how many guys in the back row with picks!

Mike Scott of Fisher in Bukina Faso meeting with the customers who buy most of their gold detectors. These are the customers First Texas' upcoming PI detector are aimed at and you can be sure it won't cost $7000 or $8000 and won't use a Lithium ion battery unless it comes with a solar charger.

post-3-0-94390200-1423920013_thumb.jpg

In the interest of full disclosure – I also noticed the large diameter white coils in the picture and how none of the detectors they are attached to are showing in the picture – guess they weren't made by FT. After all it's a product promotion shot.

I know from some communications I've had with people in the industry that FT is pretty proud of the effort they have made to reach out and really communicate with the real customers - these poor African folks were trying to make a living finding gold and have to borrow money from loan sharks to buy what - are for them - incredibly expensive devices in order to locate the gold - which their friends with the picks and shovels will dig all around to find any other gold existing at the location.

This is the real big bucks market for gold detectors and right now VLF machines are selling like hotcakes. I know nothing about the geology- how much mineralization the place is killing the depths of VLF machines - but I'm quite sure that any company who marketed a lightweight robust PI detector at a good price would sell all of them they could make.

Amybody remember the old Timex watch motto -"Takes a licking and keeps on ticking"? Maybe FT should buy the rights of it for the Gold Bug. Also from Mike Scott's Facebook post from Bukina Faso.

Also, anybody who doubts the power of brands in the world check out his shirt "Chelsea Football Club" British Primier league - big around the world (except here of course). Our footballs have pointy ends.

post-3-0-53319900-1423929695_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Amybody remember the old Timex watch motto -"Takes a licking and keeps on ticking"? Maybe FT should buy the rights of it for the Gold Bug. Also from Mike Scott's Facebook post from Bukina Faso.

Also, anybody who doubts the power of brands in the world check out his shirt "Chelsea Football Club" British Primier league - big around the world (except here of course). Our footballs have pointy ends.

I suspect he's wearing that shirt more because of Didier Drogba (legendary Chelsea striker who hails from the neighbouring Ivory Coast) than Chelsea per se.