Equinox Beach Finds 10-05-18

This morning the tide was in early so i went to the beach for an 8am start , the tides are a bit short right now and much of the beaches are built up .

I used the Nox today and i decided to have a go on the dry tops and try to solve the EMI issues . First though i got my feet wet looking for goodies low down and came across a few coins and a knackered strange looking Silver ring with its band broken . When i got to the area that has the worst EMI i went up to the tops and did a noise cancel , this time it worked . Though only for 15 minutes or so then i had to do it all over again and then again ...... .

By the end of the search i had found £22.72p and the Silver ring . I wish the Gold would show up , maybe it will on the longer tides when i can get onto sand but then i am working the next long tides so might have to wait till later . I saw 2 other detectorists , 1 with an E.Trac and the other with a cheapie machine , dont know which machine .

My next day out is in the weekend . Working tomorrow .

34) £22.72p FOUND 10-05-18 EQ.JPG

• Like 6

Good digs, Nuke em.  Anything deeper, yet?

Steve

24 minutes ago, steveg said:

Good digs, Nuke em.  Anything deeper, yet?

Steve

I think the deepest target apart from large Aluminium has been about 9 inches.

Well, that's getting better, Nuke em.

Meanwhile, you seem to be digging plenty of coins, whatever the depth!

Steve

17 hours ago, Nuke em said:

When i got to the area that has the worst EMI i went up to the tops and did a noise cancel , this time it worked . Though only for 15 minutes or so then i had to do it all over again and then again ...... .

Hmm.  Two things. 

Did you try manually selecting the channel instead of having it go through the auto procedure every time?  Could save some time and you might find a channel that is stable and that you don't have to keep changing.  Otherwise, it may be just a matter of shifting up or down one or two clicks periodically rather than waiting for it to scan all channels.

Did you attempt to lower sensitivity at all?  May be a matter of just lowering sensitivity a few clicks in addition to the NC that may be the ticket to better stability and you may not be sacrificing much on depth.  I know you you are down on the Equinox on depth, but sometimes as far as gain is concerned, less is more because you also lower the noise floor, which results in an overall gain in signal to noise ratio.

22 pounds - not to bad at all. I wish I would find that much in euro coins per Hunt ? 

I had 8,40€ yesterday, pretty good for my hunted out beach.

The coins I’ve found in the wet were pretty useless.. gone too far.

I have one spot with high EMI, too. Switching to single frequency for that part of the beach did the trick for me.

19 minutes ago, Sinclair said:

I have one spot with high EMI, too. Switching to single frequency for that part of the beach did the trick for me.

What mode do you prefer for single frequency beach detecting since you cannot operate either of the beach modes single frequency?