Help Identify Strange Rocks

post-38-0-36690400-1424052398_thumb.jpgpost-38-0-35722400-1424052490_thumb.jpgpost-38-0-13652900-1424052585_thumb.jpg
Chris or one of you rock guys can you tell me what these are? I was digging a pond a few years ago and found a bunch of these strange rocks egg shaped and 300lbs to 5lbs they all look the same they have many layers that you can peel away to the core which every rock has a core to them containing what lookslike another egg all the cores are about the same size and are very heavy looks like a basalt egg.
Only way i can describe them is if you could take this little egg and roll it up like a snowball untill it was a big boulder. These were below10 feet of topsoil and in a light layer of small rock with dirt looks like this layer had been in water, they were very random where i would find one. Bedrock was17 feet and they were anywhere from here up to the topsoil level. I havent got a clue what formed here can someone give me an opinion, thanks. RICK

A fossil hunter I chatted with this weekend, says concretions found near strip coal mines have the BEST chance of containing fossils. They are generally oval shaped , not round, and can have fossil fish, ferns, trilobites, and such..and these fossil bearing  concretions are generally reddish /orange

-Tom

Thanks for the info.guys, looks like some good research thanks chris. I will cut some of the inside eggs and see whats there,we are in very fossilized country here i live 20 miles from fossil oregon they find fossils regularly at the highshool track there. Maybe space eggs i like that old theory. The picture of the two small eggs is the centers of them.

Thanks for the info.guys, looks like some good research thanks chris. I will cut some of the inside eggs and see whats there,we are in very fossilized country here i live 20 miles from fossil oregon they find fossils regularly at the highshool track there. Maybe space eggs i like that old theory. The picture of the two small eggs is the centers of them.

Rick,

I'm not so sureidunno.gif I would cut into those "eggs" maybe an alien inside them, once you release one it will release all the others mad0264%5B1%5D.gif  mad0228%5B1%5D.gif, it will be Orson Wells all over again, the War of The Worlds, Martians attacking everywhere!!! speechless-smiley-040%5B1%5D.gif th.gif