Hike With The Gold Monster

U_U

Did some testing with my new Gold Monster.

IMG_1749.jpg.5d515e0c02c4534a56327c3de497645e.jpg

The GM1000 is easy to use and has a perfect user interface. While it can be quite compact using custom parts, I wish Minelab would provide a telescopic shaft. A better shaft would really make a big difference for usability while hiking and biking with the monster.

IMG_1743.jpg.b369628ffd7dfb8a2304b1604216a8f1.jpg

The hard part with the Gold Monster is learning to find the tiny targets it detects, digging staple-size targets is challenging.

Staple among targets.

Now I am hoping to find both huge and tiny meteorites with the Gold Monster.

• Like 3

You will find smaller stuff than staples with that machine...get a sorting device to separate the targets.  You can use a small coil cover or plastic scoop, not your hands.  The machine will pick-up the salt in your hands and mess with you finding the targets...

fred

• Like 2

The magnet is a very good idea! I tend to find a lot of tiny iron parts, finding those targets will be much faster with a magnet .

Was out today with the bigger coil and long shaft. It is not such a very big deal to pack and unpack the GM1000 on a hike/ biketrip. Much lighter than my Etrac. I found the usual stuff I would find with the Etrac. This is a good sign, I will not miss anything of this, plus I should be able to find meteorites and other targets. I did find some hotrocks, which the Etrac does not react to.