Whites New 10" D2 Coil

Does anyone here know what the weight is for the new slimmed down D2 coil.  I know the old one was really heavy.  Is the new one much lighter?

Steelheader

This coil just what detector is it made for ? My question is because White’s makes lots of 10” coils for many models and they D2 too.

You must know about a new coil that I don’t. That’s nothing new anymore! Like my wife says that I’m out of the loop.

Chuck

It's not really a new coil.  Whites just slimmed down the original 10" D2 coil a little bit to cut down on the weight,  from what I heard.  

My V3i new last summer came with the newer slimmed down D2 coil. On my digital postal scales, coil and cable weigh 1 lb 2.6 oz or 526 grams.

Now we need an accurate weight on the old coil, which can be hard to get unless somebody does what I did and weighs them. many weights quoted on the internet are inaccurate - just people repeating something they Googled.

FYI the old scuff covers will work but are a poor fit, with large gaps at the edges allowing sand and debris to get in unless taped. I wonder if White's ever made a new scuff cover to fit the new coil?

old-whites-d2-coil-versus-new-d2-dd-coil

Answered my own question. The new D2 coil now has a matching scuff cover.

Cover for 10″ DD Open Loop.  Fits New (2017 and later) 10″ DD loop.

SKU: 501-4145 $14.95

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/cover-10-dd-open-loop-new/?lang=us

According to a measurement made on this older thread about the new coil the old D2 weighs 566 grams and the new one 526 grams so 40 grams lighter.