Buzzard

Going On First Hunt With Nox 800

I will be going out into the real world detecting this morning, going to a freshwater beach....not and old beach but busy on the weekends. I have seen other detectors out there but nothing too fancy.

We will see how the Nox does...I know lots of bottle caps.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

Just got back, was surprised as the river was running high.....one place I have been before almost had no beach at all.

The other beach I went to there was 3 folks fishing and 4 others detecting......they was leaving as I got there , was told that they had been there for about 2 or 3 hours before I got there.

Well , I found a sinker , a nickle , 6 pennies.....we won't count the bottle caps or pull tabs.

But I am learning......going to take some doing compared to my MXT or MX Sport.

Looking forward to my next hunt.

• Like 1

I didn't do much better today unless you count 2 junk toe rings.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MCH2
      Streamlining
      At the moment I am a quantity clad hunter. Just looking for more efficient ways of operating. Currently I am using the Equinox 600 with wireless low latency headphones.  I use park mode 1 with 50 tones and leave open VDI numbers 13, and 24 to 38.   My method: I mostly bend at the waist with a little knee flex to dig (no kneeling); most coins are less than 5" deep. I use a Lesche 10" hand trowel and a smaller wider trowel for popping near surface coins. I only bend over once per target. I use a pinpointer after initial coil pinpointing leaving the pinpointer on facing away from the target while digging, dig target, pinpoint again as needed, recover target, turn pinpointer off, fill in hole, pick up tools, then straighten back up, pocket finds, holster tools and give the hole a final step on and start sweeping again. I have gone from using the pinpointer holster to using my back pants pocket as this is faster to draw and replace without having to stop and look to holster. Also started using a quicker holster for my larger trowel and keep my small wider trowel in my other back pocket. I use a small tie on hardware apron with a pocket for finds and a pocket for trash.  My 600 is tethered to my belt with an elastic bungee cord so it hangs and moves with me when I bend and straighten up; it never gets laid on the ground.
      Anyone like to share their method of streamlining to increase efficiency and cut down on redundancy.
       Malcolm
    • By Belgy1972
      Now that we've all had a bit of time to enjoy the Nox whether that be the 600 or 800.
      Which mode do you think is the best and why, more to the point what do you think the benefits are over the other modes. I prefer park 2 as i find with the right sweep speed there is very little falsing compared to the others especially field 2.
    • By midalake
      Can someone tell me how long the coil wire is? Coil through connector,

Thanks Dave
    • By Nuke em
      On Youtube i saw from another forum link that a bloke has found another way to check for bad targets on his 600 . I assume its the same for the 800 .
      The Minelab Equinox 'Hack' - Target ID Trick.
      Starts at 1.49 minutes

• By foreverteachable
      I took Dean's advice about using higher recovery speeds in trashy area to separate signals betters. Two wheaties I found yesterday were in the same very trashy areas I had detected previously with a sweep speed of 1. I believe the higher sweep speed on the 600 of 2-3 did help unmask them. If you go from Park settings to Field settings you will notice the difference as well in how the signals stand out more in trashy areas. There seems to be sort of a lag time/longer signal in Park 1 than in Field 2. I have also been checking signals found with a sweep speed of 1 with different recovery speeds to see if depth is affected and haven't seen a major difference. I have been keeping the sweep speed settings low because I watched an air test video on Youtube showing a major difference in depth during air testing. I am not convinced that lowering recovery speed gives one more depth but I did notice more falsing on cut nails and bigger iron when I raised the sweep speed. Has anyone else noticed it and has anyone seen a difference in depth at higher recovery speeds on actual targets in the ground?
    • By Aurum
      First day out yesterday with the 800 was much better than I expected. Definitely some luck, especially with the toe ring which was in the hole with a memorial and zinc cent. Since we happen to be in a historical area involved in the War of 1812, and will be leaving in a week, I tried to prepare myself as well as I could by reading posts about the Equinox on a couple of forums. I also watched youtube videos, and read the manual a few of times. Past experience with the CTX and especially the Explorer II helped with the initial learning process, though it’s going to take some time to fully utilize the Equinox’s capability. After experimenting with the first hour with the different modes, I settled on using the Park 1, 50 tones, and mostly recovery speed 6. Park 1 seemed to hit the targets harder than Field 1, plus it seemed like Field 1 falsed more easily on the iron than Park 1. Since both areas I detected had a significant amount of iron I kept the all metal mode on all the time to keep from having to constantly check the falsing signals.  I also saved a 10kHz User Profile for checking bottle caps and targets in general, though 10kHz didn’t give a better response to targets especially deeper targets. The negative was that the 80ML headphones began hurting my ears after a couple of hours. Not sure why because the ear muffs are very soft but possibly because they’re a little smaller than I’m use to.