Makro Gold Kruzer First Look Videos

• The title was changed to Makro Gold Kruzer First Look Videos

The thing I don’t agree with their air test . I wouldn’t let the items being tested stack up in front of the field of the coil. 

Could it be the coil can see the items without giving a signal but loading up. Then when another item is past in front of the coil you hear the load up and the item being tested too.

This is my wag but I’d like your opinion.

I’ve been known to be wrong but I just can’t remember when. haha

Chuck

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Could it be the coil can see the items without giving a signal but loading up. Then when another item is past in front of the coil you hear the load up and the item being tested too.

This is my wag but I’d like your opinion.

I doubt it matters much given the positioning of the coil. Air tests are inherently flawed due to the lack of ground signal anyway. Which is better, a detector that air tests great but loses 35% of its depth in the ground, or the detector that air tests not quite as well, but only loses 20% of the depth in the ground?

All you can do is watch them and draw your own conclusions. Air tests are helpful for determining sounds, target id numbers under perfect conditions, max depth and "how small" under perfect conditions, etc.

• Like 1

I agree on the air test. It’s another What you see and what you get is two different things.

The funny thing is some will see it and all of a sudden they can’t live without it.

I’m not saying in any form that this detector wouldn’t be great in the field but it would be great to see a true in ground test. I’d like to add that the test be in high mineralized ground. If something less you ran into in the field you could expect even more depth.

Just another opinion.

Chuck

PS Mineralized ground is like driving a nail into hard wood and it curl back at you .

• Like 2

What you don't see is the target id. Once given the ok I will comment.

Thank you for the videos.   Between those and the operating manual all my questions have been answered.  

HH
Mike

Happy Birthday Mike.

If you pre-ordered this Mike you will think of that special day. What the micro mode will do by moving target ID higher will make it easier to find jewelry.

I'm sorry, George, I had cancelled my preorder due to the extended wait time.  After reading the manual and watching your video have no plans to obtain one.   

Micro/tiny/small jewelry hunting is pretty specialized.   This one's Micro feature set seems designed for beach sand in low EMI environments.  That is no help to me.    My micro/tiny/small jewelry hunting is in more challenging conditions i.e. high EMI sites that include turf.  I need a completely different feature set than what the Gold Kruzer offers.   

But I appreciate the effort to give the dry sand beach hunters something.    

HH
Mike