66 Audio-bts Pro Bluetooth Headphones Aptx Ll

I'm a former XP Deus user and have been searching around for aptX LL headphones similar to my old Deus WS4 wireless backphones so that I can wear sunhats. I purchased the 66 AUDIO BTS Pro's last week and was pretty disappointed after syncing them up to the Equinox 800 and no aptX LL!!! I contacted their tech support and didn't hear anything for a couple of days. I boxed them up to return to Amazon and just as I was heading out the door to the UPS Store I received an email from them saying "We will send over a manual firmware update in 1-2 days to resolve the aptX-LL issue." Two days later (today) I got the firmware update. The update went smoothly on my PC, I synced up to the Equinox 800 and aptX LL now works GREAT!!! I tested them out around my garden and they're awesome. If anyone needs the firmware update file without having to wait four days send me a PM. These headphones sound great, loud, are comfortable and have some pretty impressive specs with a 40 hour battery and 100 foot range.

https://www.66audio.com/bts-pro

https://www.amazon.com/66-AUDIO-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B01M8M4R7K

bts-pro-1-e1495236186846.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Nice. I see where they fit the bill for Sun hat's. I like that they are sweatproof ("IPX rated") but they don't provide the actual IPX rating and the price, ouch vs. other available APTX LL offerings.

Definitely not cheap, but around the same price as the ML 80's. 

Plenty of aptX LL offerings out there but I searched high and low and these were the only aptX LL I could find in stock that have the backphone design which are almost identical to the Deus WS4's.

The 100 foot range should also eliminate any dropouts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sdbirder said:

Definitely not cheap, but around the same price as the ML 80's. 

Plenty of aptX LL offerings out there but I searched high and low and these were the only aptX LL I could find in stock that have the backphone design which are almost identical to the Deus WS4's.

The 100 foot range should also eliminate any dropouts.

The ML80s are overpriced, their clone equivalents (Miccus SR71s et al) can be had for less than half the cost of the ML offerings and there are other capable over the ear APTX LL phones that are available.  But none are water, weather, or even sweat resistant.

But you are right about the backphones style, no other APTX LL offerings out there like that.  I wish the price was a little lower because otherwise they would be just the ticket as I have been looking for some at least sweat resistant if not weather resistant APTXLL phones.

There are plenty of WP or sweatproof BT APTX earbuds, but no easily obtainable APTX LL buds.  APTX is barely satisfactory as far as lag is concerned, so I really would prefer APTX LL.

Furthermore, I prefer the backphones style to the earbuds style, so here's to hoping the price will come down on the 66 audio backphones.

Thanks again for the info.

• Like 1

I am kind of tempted by these. I am quite happy with the Minelab supplied wireless phones. There are times however I might want to wear a wide brim hat or merely look a little less geeky with full size phones. The improved sound quality and longer run time over regular headphones is appealing. Not sure about the “headphone on ear” design though, pretty much a crapshoot when it comes to comfort, and no real way to know without doing the order and try routine.

Thanks for posting, I will have to mull this one over.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to take the plunge but with the slightly upgraded/newer Pro Voice model which is actually cheaper than the older BTS Pro by about $40US on Amazon.  The newer version appears to be the same as the BTS Pro (including APTX LL) but has Alexa Voice integration built in (which I plan to immediately disable - lol), but more importantly, has blue highlights vs. the flourescent green or orange (fan of neither) colors of the BTS Pro.

See: 

https://www.66audio.com/pro-voice/buy

And

66 AUDIO - PRO Voice - Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with Amazon Alexa Voice Recognition Technology https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079J34T9L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ZOwjBbAAH0ZQK

• Like 1

Did the Pro Voice model sync up ok with aptX-LL on the Equinox?

I've been so swamped with my wedding, honeymoon, more traveling, a cold, etc... I haven't had a chance to take them on a nice long detecting session. I FINALLY got to take mine out for a six-hour beach session on Sunday. They didn't miss a beat, never disconnecting like the WM 08 wireless audio module does. They were loud and clear in the knee-deep surf and VERY comfortable with a sun hat and sunglasses. Easy to take on and off during breaks. I absolutely LOVE mine.

1 hour ago, sdbirder said:

Did the Pro Voice model sync up ok with aptX-LL on the Equinox?

I've been so swamped with my wedding, honeymoon, more traveling, a cold, etc... I haven't had a chance to take them on a nice long detecting session. I FINALLY got to take mine out for a six-hour beach session on Sunday. They didn't miss a beat, never disconnecting like the WM 08 wireless audio module does. They were loud and clear in the knee-deep surf and VERY comfortable with a sun hat and sunglasses. Easy to take on and off during breaks. I absolutely LOVE mine.

Unfortunately, despite 66 Audio touting the Voice Pros as an "upgrade" to the BTS Pros, it appears they dropped APTX LL support as they only pair up as APTX with the Equinox.  Useable but noticeably more laggy than APTX LL.  I have queried 66 Audio tech support to verify this.  The 66 Audio site lists ambiguous specs for the Voice Pros, implying both APTX and low latency but never specifying APTX LL explicitly, unlike the BTS Pros which are explicitly spec'd to APTX LL.  Disappointing.

I'd definitely contact their support at support@66audio.com. They should be able to send you a firmware to enable aptX-LL. Here's what they sent me, might even work on your unit.

Here's an update from our team!

Please click this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqspc65hb2lcyas/BTS_Pro_6_9_5_LL.exe?dl=0

1. Connect headphones to a PC
2. Hold "<<" "66" and ">>” buttons until the LEDs turn off
3. Run the update, press y

This should enable aptX LL on your unit.

Let me know if I can help out with anything else!

This is what I got back from 66 Audio:

"Thanks for reaching out! I checked with my technical team. 

Unfortunately, Pro Voice is not APTX LL compliant. "
So that's that.  Oh, well.

Thanks SD for the firmware.  Otherwise, I think the 66 Audio Voice Pro phones are the ticket for workouts so I may take a look at the BTS Pros separately for Equinox.