New Gold Monster Headphones Coming Out

I had talked with Detector Pro on the issue of headphones for the Gold Monster 1000 and I said they would do well on sales if someone would come out with a good after market headphones. Well they thought about it and called me back informing me that they are answering the call to produce a high quality headphones for the Monster that will eliminate the external speaker sound from coming thru. These headphones are the same as the Gray Ghost headphones but were made specifically for the Gold Monster. They are the Gold Series and there will be a special headphones coming out for the Exuinox as well. The cord is a pigtail style with an 1/8" jack that shuts off the external speaker. The sound is sharp and crisp with no distortion. The pigtail cord is 6" longer than the Gray Ghost headphones and I assure you there will be no more kneeling on the cord as we all have had to deal with until we just use the Monster without headphones. I feel these headphones are very comfortable  and block out external noises very well and they have a volume control on the side as well. I have the proto type as I have been asked to field test these wonderful headphones by DetectorPro.I will let everyone know when they will be available for purchase. 20180524_210406.thumb.jpg.1209b2794508a9e70d241f4843ce35b6.jpg

20180524_210419.jpg

20180524_210414.jpg

• Like 5

Bought a bunch of these from RadioShack. Pass them out to my friends with gold monsters. Don't know why the price went up. They were on closeout last month for a buck-fifty each. Now a little bit more. But they work with my Grey Ghost, Sun Rays or any other headphone. Nice tight fit works well.

https://www.radioshack.com/products/stereo-inline-adapter-1-4-jack-to-1-8-stereo-plug

The jack for the nox will be slightly different.

Thanks phrunt. For me and the spirit of the old-timers I'm trying to make do with what I got. Already have 4 detector Pro headphones. Just can't justify another one it's a little fix works good.

SmartSelectImage_2018-05-27-20-51-05.png

• Like 6

11 hours ago, goldseeker4000 said:

The jack for the nox will be slightly different.

Well, having both the Gold Monster and Equinox, I would not be interested in phones that work with one but not the other. The Equinox 600 and Gold Monster both come with the same set of wired headphones, so we know one set will work identically on both.

Now if the version for the Equinox is waterproof and uses the waterproof connection that’s another story.

• Like 2

That is the connection that Wil be on it I believe.

On 5/27/2018 at 5:24 PM, phrunt said:

If you already have good 1/4" headphones you can use this to use your existing headphones

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-5mm-Male-To-6-35mm-Female-Headphone-MP3-CD-Stereo-Audio-Extension-Cable-30cm/252399663440?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Which lets any 1/4" headphones work on the GM1000 and disables the internal speaker.

Tried those adapters along with many other types and they wouldn't work (on Black Widows or Sun Rays).  I know a lot of people who tried and failed as well.  Then I ended up running into a guy on the other forums who finally made an adapter that worked.  Now I can just use my one set of headphones.  Still not sure what Minelab was thinking when they came out with a different jack.