Equinox And The Tot Lot

Took my Equinox 800 out to play today . I went to a local Tot lot since it should be almost empty...it was . Found a bunch of clad, first find was a dime, then another dim. I got a solid 13 on it was double hitting, move the sand and there was a nickel....all in all I think I got about 1.77 in clad but I am getting better and ID with sounds...would here it , then look for what I thought it should be....still learning but having fun too....

• Like 2

Rick,

The 800 is a nice machine, congrats on the finds..

Dave

• Thanks 1

Well tot lots are usually hit pretty hard so not a bad haul for a tot lot. I always hit them because I have found many rings in them.  Every outing like that builds your confidence. I still pretty much use factory settings with some discrimination and sensitivity. I usually run sensitivity around 20 - 22 but on occasion I will crank it up in an open soccer field. 

Yesterday I hit a soccer field I had hit with my V3i and my Etrac and had done well but the last cpl hunts with the Etrac I didn't find much. So yesterday I didn't expect much but the fantasy in my head about the Equinox being a super detector I felt I would find a lot the other detectors missed.. Not the case. I hunted for about 3 hours and came up with 5 quarters and a cpl dimes a few pennies. 

The stuff I found I am confident I missed with my other detectors but the edge of the Equinox coil is so hot that may have been the reason I found what I did. I had the sensitivity cranked up to 25 and that too may have helped. 

• Like 1

That's what I did my 1st few hours before I even figured out how to discriminate.. If it beeped I dug and had pretty good success the 1st cpl times out.. 1st day I got a $1.48 in about 20 minutes before I got rained out then $4.50 or so the 2nd day. 

• Like 1