Another Means Of Hearing The Equinox Signals - Through Your Hearing Aids

I won't even ask about any delay because you have to be just excited to have that system work for you!  Congrats for figuring that out, I'm sure it will "aid" others.....(pun intended)

Cliff

• Like 1

Very cool Randy. My aids won't do that but it's nice to know someone has worked it out.

• Like 1

I have older hearing aids that have a proprietary wireless connection box like that and could probably do the same. I am overdue for a new set and was going to get some this year, one big reason being to get the latest with standard Bluetooth. But now I need to find out if low latency aptX is a possibility soon in hearing aids, in which case I am going to hold off. Thanks for the great idea!!

• Like 1

I use the setup you have shown there with my WM8, WM10 and WM12 and connect to JP's booster if necessary or any other volume device.

Mitchel

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip.... I have the 'Nox 600, and I too have a hearing problem.... I paired my PHONAK PILOT II Bluetooth device that connects the hearing aids to my phone with the 'NOX 600 and have NO PROBLEMS with hearing the NOX signals LOUD & CLEAR....this was done with NO ADDITIONAL device...again.. Thanks for the tip

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I also have hearing  loss and would love to be able to do this, but I tend to sweat - and even with covers for the hearing aids, I would only be able to hunt for 20 minutes. 

I'm looking for a solution like a portable digital EQ that I can boost the signal range for my loss pattern similar to the way hearing aids work, and I would like to keep the wireless option.

Any suggestions appreciated.

I know that there are EQ apps for smartphones that might work - but I'd need to pair the phone with the equinox and the wireless headphones to the phone, and I'm not sure about the lag. Also not sure how long the phone would last. Some apps draw enough energy to overheat the phone quickly when it's 100 degrees out. And there's also the issue of making sure it has the right APT-X version.

Does anyone use this kind of rig to deal with hearing loss?

• Like 1

As the Phonak Roger FM wireless transmitter transmits FM wireless to the hearing aids there in No delay and is an instant transmission, be aware that the Phonak Roger FM wireless transmitter only works with the Phonak Hearing Aids and none others that I know of.

This little transmitter came with my hearing aids and it works great with the minelab wm-08 wireless module and the XP Deus WS4 wireless puck,  because they are both low latency.  No lag whatsoever.  The sound is great also.  I tried it with my MXT Pro, but it didn't work very well because there was too much sound lag.

L1010082.JPG

L1010083.JPG

• Like 1