Pointer That Works Well With Nox. Need Suggestions.

I need a pointer and frankly I don't want to make a mistake this costly, or waste any more time than I have already digging without one.   I'm hoping someone here has tried a few with their Equinox and can suggest a good tool to pair with it. I blow serious time in holes right now and it's all the color of shaded dirt.

Can anyone suggest which pointers they have used with their Equinox 800 that they know don't cause the Equinox any trouble.  I really like the Nox but I know she's sensitive.  That is unless you tell me none are an issue with this detector.  I will need a water safe unit

I'm sure this question has been asked that I haven't found besides those presenting pointer comparisons.  Those are helpful,  but I'm looking for Nox 800 specific pairing here.  Would love a few opinions to help me decide.  Thank you in advance for your short or long tales or experience.

• Like 1

I use both the Garrett Carrot and the Minelab Pro-Find 35.  No issues at all, and both are waterproof to 10ft.

I have not heard of anyone with an Equinox having issues with ANY modern pinpointers, and why would they?  The pinpointers are not radiating unless you turn them on while using in a hole. You turn them off before putting back in their sheath or pocket.

I would suggest that you research the different pinpointers, and just choose the one that has the features you want. You don't have to be concerned about "matching" the Equinox, or causing issues. It's not a consideration.

• Like 1

Even if you find you are having EMI issues with the pinpointer, simple fix: turn on the pinpointer and if youvare getting EMI from it on the EQX, simply run a noise cancel.

Recommend the Garrett Carrot (Pro Pointer AT) as a reliable and popular model that is also waterproof and performs well.

You really can't go wrong with any of the other waterproof models from the major MD manufacturers, Minelab, Garrett, Fisher/Technetics, Makro, Whites - and as I said before, easy to cancel out any interference to the EQX should youbencounter it.

Note that If you switch EQX detecting modes, you may need to rerun tge noise cancel since noise cancelnandvground balance settings are specific To each EQX detect mode.

HTH

• Like 2

Garrett carrot.  No issues with my 800.

• Like 1

I use the Fisher F-Pulse, there are times when the Nox is on a certain channel, the audio on the Nox will sound erratic when the pinpointer is on. I simply do a noise cancel when the pinpointer is on and that takes care of the problem. 

• Like 1