Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

Equinox, Gold Monster, & Arizona Gold

Equinox 800 in the Desert, Gold Monster 1000, and Nuggets.... Part 1
Published on Jun 11, 2018 Nugget Shooter (Bill Southern)

Took the EQX 800 out to the goldfields for a run, impressed so far...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

He ain't seen nothing yet, it can find gold so small it's a mission to even recover it from the scoop, the amount of times I've lost it in the process and had to recover it again ūüôā¬†Straight down the middle of the coil is definitely the sweet spot, front or back doesn't matter, but very much the middle is where all the power is.

Stuff that you'd think you would only ever find with a sluice or pan.  I guess we are indeed very lucky here as I can normally run my sensitivity at 25 and be stable in our gold areas, even in an area with high voltage power lines not too far away.

• Like 4

Hi guys, While Bill's footage shows just how sensitive the EQ 800 is on pretty small gold with that 11" coil, & I thank him for the effort on doing the footage, but I just can't get excited on planted nugget testing as it is not the real world of natural in ground detected nuggets. If those were natural in ground undug gold nuggets I believe the Nox would get them even deeper than those air tests & buried in ground tests. It is a shame his girlfriend didn't call him over when she got a signal with the GM & before digging it & disturbing it let him sweep over it with the Nox. That would have been a far better realistic test. Cheers.

Good luck out there.

JW :smile: 

JW

Like you said if left in the ground would have been a true test of the Equinox on gold . The trouble is that little word if .

What I really want to see is that 6‚ÄĚ coil in action like Bill was talking about.

Being we live in a in perfect world how can I expect Bill’s video to be any different.

i’m Looking forward to his next video he makes.

Bill I thank you for your hard work and just seeing that pretty face is a pleasure to behold .

That’s the way it is Bill and that is some got it others got to go get it.

Chuck

• Like 1

I am sure that the urge to dig her target was far stronger than any desire to test the 800...even after all these years  and good intentions I just start digging! I want to see the gold-right now!!!

fred

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Here's part II: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fredmason said:

I am sure that the urge to dig her target was far stronger than any desire to test the 800...even after all these years  and good intentions I just start digging! I want to see the gold-right now!!!

fred

I have to agree with that too Fred. The urge to know straight away what a signal is is usually paramount to anything else.¬†ūüĎć

Good luck to you out there

JW :smile:

I certainly know the feeling his girlfriend has, my trash to nugget ratio is about 100 to 1 ūüôā

Great videos. Tells the truths of nugget hunting.

strick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've worked the Little San Domingo many times and often get skunked like Bill did this time. His advice to find a small area and work it is so true!!! I'm sure he thought he was getting the 800's coil over gold too just like his friend. Those targets sounded great. The lead and small tin targets are everywhere in that area. My Makro Gold Racer can get pretty noisy on that ground. The 800 was very quiet. It was great to see the 800 giving accurate target ID numbers and good depth. That is another big plus for the Equinox since most other VLF detectors have to run in low to mid sensitivity All Metal at this site because using high sensitivity will drive you nuts with all of the hot rocks and using disc kills depth there. Most of the gold VLFs running All Metal prospecting mode don't have target ID and neither do the PIs .  Gold 2 might have been a better choice for that area since most of the gold is smaller stuff.

• Like 1