real nice piece of gold:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I assume you are water hunting or beach detecting with your Lobo? How do you keep the control box from getting water damage? I used to water hunt with my Lobo but damaged the circuit board 3 times. Even wrapped up in a plastic bag and carried in a pouch on my neck, it got water damage. I was told not to lift the coil too high as water drops could run down the cable into the connector on back of the control box. Another user got water damage from his arm sweating too much somehow I was told. That Lobo does wonders on gold rings and even thin silver chains. I think I have a 5.75 inch round coil I am not using as I prefer the 3x7 elliptical coil.Where ru located?I am near Chicago, USA. Who tunes the Lobo for you? I had to send mine to the factory in Arizona to do that.

-Tom V.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tvanwho said:

I assume you are water hunting or beach detecting with your Lobo? How do you keep the control box from getting water damage? I used to water hunt with my Lobo but damaged the circuit board 3 times. Even wrapped up in a plastic bag and carried in a pouch on my neck, it got water damage. I was told not to lift the coil too high as water drops could run down the cable into the connector on back of the control box. Another user got water damage from his arm sweating too much somehow I was told. That Lobo does wonders on gold rings and even thin silver chains. I think I have a 5.75 inch round coil I am not using as I prefer the 3x7 elliptical coil.Where ru located?I am near Chicago, USA. Who tunes the Lobo for you? I had to send mine to the factory in Arizona to do that.

-Tom V.

Hi Tom I am searching the bank of the river Thames not in the river as it is too dangerous ,current ,holes, and the rest. The lobo is only protected with the brown Tesoro cover and is under my arm (better balanced) mounted on a full carbon stem like most of my detectors.

My mate tuned it with mineralised potteries from Roman villa not cancelling the pottery but it is recognisable, only superfined tune for DD coils and I have to reduce sensitivity .A tiny antic coins will be detected meaning the lobo is more sensitive but you dig more stuff. The coil I am looking for is the Tesoro 5.75 Concentric long or short cable .

I am based in the UK

RR