First Day Out With The Equinox

Aurum

First day out yesterday with the 800 was much better than I expected. Definitely some luck, especially with the toe ring which was in the hole with a memorial and zinc cent. Since we happen to be in a historical area involved in the War of 1812, and will be leaving in a week, I tried to prepare myself as well as I could by reading posts about the Equinox on a couple of forums. I also watched youtube videos, and read the manual a few of times. Past experience with the CTX and especially the Explorer II helped with the initial learning process, though it’s going to take some time to fully utilize the Equinox’s capability. After experimenting with the first hour with the different modes, I settled on using the Park 1, 50 tones, and mostly recovery speed 6. Park 1 seemed to hit the targets harder than Field 1, plus it seemed like Field 1 falsed more easily on the iron than Park 1. Since both areas I detected had a significant amount of iron I kept the all metal mode on all the time to keep from having to constantly check the falsing signals.  I also saved a 10kHz User Profile for checking bottle caps and targets in general, though 10kHz didn’t give a better response to targets especially deeper targets. The negative was that the 80ML headphones began hurting my ears after a couple of hours. Not sure why because the ear muffs are very soft but possibly because they’re a little smaller than I’m use to.

IMG_7178.JPG

• Like 5

Awesome finds. Silver is always good.

• Like 1