Which Mode? And Why?

Now that we've all had a bit of time to enjoy the Nox whether that be the 600 or 800.

Which mode do you think is the best and why, more to the point what do you think the benefits are over the other modes. I prefer park 2 as i find with the right sweep speed there is very little falsing compared to the others especially field 2.

No offence meant by this, but some people might look over a forum just to see what is going on, but do not have a lot of time to post. I am one of then.  I recently have been doing battlefield archaeology metal detecting, roughly 3 days a week. I just browse and figure I can catch up on replies later.  It's only been 10 hours, so give it some time. I can't speak for anyone else, but my detecting time is also limited due to my regular work, so I have not even tried many of the programs. Quite honestly, I have stopped sharing my programs recently. A lot of people on other forums I browse, are almost rude in demanding people's settings. They do not want to buy the books, learn the machine, practice different settings, etc.. They just want someone else to do it for them. I've had people friend me on Facebook, and once I shared some beach settings, I never hear from them again :laugh:. There are some good videos on YouTube that may help you. There are also a lot of boring or bad Equinox videos too. :blink: I've tried some of the settings people shared on YouTube and they were not very effective in my area. So someone's settings may not help everyone. But hopefully someone who is willing to share their settings will do so for you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The other thing is that this question has been asked several times and detailed answers have been given and linked in Steve's essential information sticky thread at the top of the forum.  Let us know if you can't find the answer there and want some more opinions.  Here are a few links to get you started from previous posts I have made.

Different countries different type of soil , I’m working with Field 1, in my case in field have a lot of magnetic rocks . Yesterday I worked with 2 tones , all metal , recovery 4 iron 4, and I have a lot of good signals . Next time I’ll trying field 2 for litle bit more depth .

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the replies and they are all fair comments, i meant no offence to anyone either. Just thought that people may have picked up some better ideas or understanding of the machine after a having it for a while. 

Always nice to see what others are using and had read posts about certain modes being used but couldn't find any that were mode specific across the board. Hope I didn't annoy anyone by asking again then.

Just to make it clear though i did not ask because I need any help with my Nox, i was just generally interested but schoolofhardNox I fully understand where you are coming from and thank you.

• Like 3

Before I go out detecting I browse through the forums for comments that look useful , or for something new I might want to try. I'll go out with a plan to start with one mode and settings and spend most of that detecting session with it. Sometimes I will alternate at a given spot between two different modes and noting which seems to be doing better. Then, following the detecting session, I usually browse the forums again for comments others made about using those modes in similar detecting environments. 

It's all about trial and error, observing and noting results and preferences and reading what others are posting  I'm not that big on watching videos, but I'm sure that's useful too  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All the forums get slower in the summer so replies are slower coming.

I am the ultimate boring guy. I tend to use Park mode to hunt parks for coins. I use Gold Mode to look for gold nuggets. I would probably use a Field mode in the U.K. and a Beach mode at the beach. Why? Because I think the defaults are rather well designed for their intended uses and so I go with the flow. That is not to say there is anything wrong with experimenting and using whatever works best, no matter what it is called.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hunting coins, in parks I usually use Park 1 but also a lot of Park 2. In places with a lot of old iron and rusty nails and not much modern junk, I often use Field 2. I would say that, to get an idea of what will work best for your site, find a likely target, then, before digging, try it with the other modes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

All the forums get slower in the summer so replies are slower coming.

I am the ultimate boring guy. I tend to use Park mode to hunt parks for coins. I use Gold Mode to look for gold nuggets. I would probably use a Field mode in the U.K. and a Beach mode at the beach. Why? Because I think the defaults are rather well designed for their intended uses and so I go with the flow. That is not to say there is anything wrong with experimenting and using whatever works best, no matter what it is called.  

.....what he Just said ?

Matt

• Thanks 1