What Coil Size Do You Most Want For The GPZ 7000?

10 x 9 would be my vote. We also have a lot of auriferous areas in Australia that are tight around bushes, rocks etc. The GPZ14 is usable but a smaller coil would make life easier in a lot of my local areas.

Yep definitely need a smaller coil.  Part of why I just l picked up a 2300, Chris points out a great example~ been there done that~ and AussieMatt points out another problem but not just with bush but Furrows as well.  Interesting that the Average coil size hits so close to the 19 inch put out.  14 is great for me, dug plenty deep enough holes already.  Well off to Leonora to put the 2300 to work on dinks and the 7000 on patches and potatoes.

• Like 2

More depth is my first choice, and if the 19 inch provides more depth, I will be getting one as soon as they are released. If ML decides to produce a smaller coil than the stock without sacrificing much depth, I will also buy one, as long as its water proof.

Well since they have a 19" coil already in the pipeline (not sure what the hold up is there?) and we should see how that performs before heading larger. The only logic is a small elliptical. I say elliptical because a small round would make it somewhat difficult to pin point given the size of the colours your likely hear. The lower weight perhaps would allow a partial rear mounted coil for poking in under shrubs etc without increasing the leverage weight to significantly.

My two cents worth.

Maybe minelab is unable to make a smaller coil than the 14 :unsure:-maybe something to do with the new windings :huh: ? Who knows only time will tell :blink:-something I dont have to worry about because I still swing a Dino 5000 with plenty of affordable coil options  :headbang: Mike C...:ph34r: