Hay Steve! Remember your over there where the ground is gently rolling hills, it's always a perfect 70 degrees, the sun is always shinning and gentle breezes blow.. I, on the other hand, detect cliff faces, precipices, chasms, crevasses, gullies, gulches, canyons, under my feet and over my head.

The 7000 is so sensitive it will pick up the dirt under my toenails.

Happy so far with Reebok.

Actually, I am spending most of my time this year poaching your gold, so will be seeing the same terrain you are seeing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am in the army as an Infantryman and have been wearing a pair of reebok boots for two years now. They have taken a beeting but are still holding up. Not sure if they are metal free but I will check

• Like 3

Never got an answer as to what they mean by waterproof boots exactly? Mine were soggy and smelled bad after walking in a creek, so maybe that's not what they are for, I dunno? Waste of money I guess...

-Tom

I've tried a few different nonmetallic combat boots and I find the standard Reebok combat boot without zipper or toe cap's to be the most comfotable.

I got 1400km out of my last pair in very rugged terrain.

The problem with the toe caps in any boot is when you walk down very steep hills you will constantly kick your toe into the cap, very annoying.

And the zippers will drive you nuts when detecting down hill particularly in steep gully's.

Other good nonmetallic comat boots are atama exo, magnum spyder, belveue and bates.

But like I said I think the standard Reebok's are the best.

I've tried the dauntless and patriot model's as well but they do not grip or wear as good as the standard one's.

If you look on our you tube vid we all wear the Reebok's now.

My wife and I were wearing the patriot's and Dave and Tremain the standard's.

• Like 2

One thing to keep in mind about military footwear is that several companies manufacture footwear for the military, but they also manufacture for civilians. For a Military Contract, everything must be USA Made. Several boot makers have separate sections of their websites for military and civilian sales. So, one person's Converse Rapid Response Boots may have been made in China, while someone else's may have been USA Made.

Military Boots made for the military will have labels stating "MADE IN USA". The same company will make the exact same boots in China. The biggest difference is the Quality Control. The Military Contract "Made in USA" boots will cost considerably more, but that is the difference between the same "LOOKING" boots wearing out in three months and three years.

Best - Mike

• Like 2

Funny you posted this today. Today I made it my mission to buy a pair of metal free boots. I bought a pair of Keen "Detroit Mid" boots which are metal free and water proof. After the purchase I tested them with the GPZ and got no response. I then went to one of my usual dig locations for a few hours and these boots are soooo comfortable. No gold though.

I have a pair of those also, they are really comfy and keep your feet pretty dry in wet grass... Just wish they were taller and not a mid boot.

I wear Danner army kenetic right now no problem for my gpx will have to see with my gpz no metal on the footbed but metal eyelets up past the ankle.Super comfortable for me.