The Subject Of The GPZ 7000

"The wise old Owl sat in an oak, the more he heard the less he spoke, the less he spoke the more he heard, why can't we be like that wise old bird". No one ever learns anything with their mouth open, me included!!!

JP

JP- Just like the others I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to post on these forums. I read and re read your posts with the hope that I will hopefully learn something. I am very new to prospecting but I have had some good luck already with the SDC 2300 and because of that my GPZ arrived today!

Your quote about the owl got a chuckle out of me. It reminds me of something my grandfather once told me. It's a little more blunt but it goes like this....

"They can only think your stupid if you keep you mouth shut"

I wish more folks would think before they opened their mouths.

strick

Amen to that...............

To the Minelab Team/s a big thank you, the GPZ is a HOMERUN. Proof is in the results. And I got results in only one week, I'm well on my way to recouping what I paid for the GPZ, which by the way is worth it. I could write pages of the all the things I like about it. Just hope Minelab releases coil cover replacements before I wear mine out.

JP, your last video was awesome, and taught me to listen in a different way, and I got results. Thank You very much. You rock man.

ScottC

• Like 1

Ah hell dude,who cares what the grumblers say...your living the life! I always tell my kids"do what you love for a living...dont just chase the money...if you love what you do,the money will come,or youll learn to livewithin your means".

Your can do attitude is a testament. Ray

• Like 1

I am certainly a believer because I have seen what this detector is capable of, on ground that I'd thought almost all nuggets were gone from. Having said that, I am not naive enough to believe that every spot of mine will hold more nuggets, but I sure hope they do. From the short amount of time I have detected with the GPZ it is obvious to me that the operator needs to be far more precise with his coil swing and height to get the best out of it. As it is entirely new technology to what we are used to, there will be a learning curve but I see lots of benefits coming.

The weight of the machine isn't really an issue if you use a harness with a hipstick of sorts and a good bungy. The supplied harness doesn't suit me, but the hydration pack I was using does, and it has a hipstick in place to help support the weight, while the water bladder helps to balance the pack and stop it climbing up my back when I dig.

The grumblers can say and do what they want, but that won't deter the ones who believe in the product and are having success with it. All it will do is drive them to keep information to themselves. I like Steve's comment I read recently that went something like "The older I get the thicker they expect my skin to be, when in reality it gets thinner". So damned true. Cheers.

• Like 2

Hi Peter,

From what you have experienced, would you say that this detector requires a slow, medium or fast swing speed?? I know that depends on if you are chasing a patch or working one, but more so how the swing speed effects the target response etc??

cheers

Lee

JP,

I`ve got to agree with your annoyance with OZ armchair prospectors, they exist also in the fishing forums and probably others. I go further and feel it is a symptom of a sad disease inflicting a lot of OZies, things just have to be handed to them, hard workers who get ahead are to be ridiculed. In a country where we are losing our technology and brains to overseas, Minelab should be put on a pedestal, it is sad.

On the bright side, if they all had the drive to succeed there would be less gold out there.

In the US we respect success but that is not the case in some quarters in Oz. Made no sense to me until I found out about Tall Poppy Syndrome http://www.businesspsych.org/articles/244.html

Lee, I find the GPZ to be tolerant of a fast sweep speed but best at a moderate "normal" sweep speed. I keep trying to slow myself down though and hunt slower yet. What is best for the machine and my attention are two different things perhaps. I pay attention best going slow.

Hi Jonathan, thanks for all the advice that you give us and that you have given us in the past, I personally appreciated the answers you gave to my many questions with either the 4500, 5000 to now with GPZ.

Unfortunately, and you know better than I modesty does not abound in our country, especially regarding prospecting and metal detecting, the I know everything, even if they are not the majority, unfortunately make a lot of noise and are so full of themselves that, especially on our own forums talk before you put the brain in gear, they remember  respect and good manners only when they write in this forum.
I hope that because of this minority, all the rest of people including me, that really appreciate the effort and dedication that you put in this activity, don't have to suffer.
We have a saying in Italy, Who does not love me does not deserve me, personally I repeated to myself many times.
I hope I can still read and learn from your experiences in this field. 
Cheers
Giancarlo
  • Like 1