The Subject Of The GPZ 7000

Very well said JP! I rolled out the bank roll and went for the new kid on the block. Minelab could lightened the loop weight some and offered some additional loops right off the bat would been nice. I am shooting for the new electronics I all I can say that it better work and pull out the yellow better than anything else out there.

I am looking for a vehicle to purchase that is suited for the outback and soon to arrive in WA next month. I will give my ZED the ultimate test in all that fine Red ground.

With all the pros and cons said the ZED I have chosen to follow minelab new generation as I know in the past each new series has always supercedes the the their previous model. So I hope that holds true with the ZED.

best in hunting

AC

• Like 1

Very well said JP! I rolled out the bank roll and went for the new kid on the block. Minelab could lightened the loop weight some and offered some additional loops right off the bat would been nice. I shooting for the new electronics I all I can say that it better work and pull out the yellow better than anything else out there.

I am looking for a vehicle to purchase that is suited for the outback and soon to arrive in WA next month. I will give my ZED the ultimate test in all that fine Red ground.

With all the pros and cons said the ZED I have chosen to follow minelab new generation as I know in the past each new series has always supercedes the the their previous model. So I hope that holds true with the ZED.

best in hunting

AC

Very well said JP! I rolled out the bank roll and went for the new kid on the block. Minelab could lightened the loop weight some and offered some additional loops right off the bat would been nice. I am shooting for the new electronics I all I can say that it better work and pull out the yellow better than anything else out there.

best in hunting

AC

Only pocket change for you   :D

Steve,

Tall poppy syndrome yes, but I disagree with that articles assertion that it came from our convict past, if it had, we`d never developed the way we did in our first 200 years, no it is a more modern disease, we have become a spoilt nation of underachievers who require spoon feeding. Indicative of this, the GPZ 7000 is made in Malaysia, I guess we should be content that at least the R & D and brains behind it are OZies. If you follow OZ news you`ll also note the whole OZ Mining Industry is ridiculed, but hypocritically we ride on its back.

No I understand completely JP`s attitude towards the knockers. I only hope the GPZ 7000 can breath some life back into Codan`s (Minelab)share price, I selfishly want a GPZ 7100 in a few years.

Giancarlo,

"Who does not love me does not deserve me", Can I please flog that saying, tis a ripper, my wife`s Italian, Pleaseeee.

• Like 1

I am a fairly new comer to this forum, but have been interested in a quest for gold for a very long time. My mother's grand  parents came to California in  the 1800's in  a quest for gold and my father emigrated from Nova Scotia Canada in the early twenties to escape working in the coal mines there, only to find himself in a hard rock gold mine. As a young child at my grand parent's house, before electricity and all that goes with it, my great uncles would sit and talk about pocket hunting and there successes. A 4000.00 dollar pocket here and a $500.00 there, porphyry dikes, pinching out and lots of terms that didn't make a lot of sense to a five year old. At about the age of 16 , I got interested in gold again because of an old prospector that was pocket hunting on the hill behind my parents home in the foot hills of California. As a result of my tosterone levels rising and falling, I didn't start looking for gold again until my late sixties. I started with a GPX 4000 and have been behind the technology curve every since. Every person that I have talked to that has bought the latest and greatest from Minelab has never regretted it. With having said that, I have great confidence in what J P, Steve, and Chris have posted and if I don't do good with the GPZ, it will be because of operator error.                             Thanks for keeping the dream alive     Norm

• Like 3

Steve,Tall poppy syndrome yes, but I disagree with that articles assertion that it came from our convict past, if it had, we`d never developed the way we did in our first 200 years, no it is a more modern disease, we have become a spoilt nation of underachievers who require spoon feeding. Indicative of this, the GPZ 7000 is made in Malaysia, I guess we should be content that at least the R & D and brains behind it are OZies. If you follow OZ news you`ll also note the whole OZ Mining Industry is ridiculed, but hypocritically we ride on its back.No I understand completely JP`s attitude towards the knockers. I only hope the GPZ 7000 can breath some life back into Codan`s (Minelab)share price, I selfishly want a GPZ 7100 in a few years.Giancarlo,"Who does not love me does not deserve me", Can I please flog that saying, tis a ripper, my wife`s Italian, Pleaseeee.

Go ahead Norvic knock your self out.

Cheers

Well said JP.

Even with all the carping on the OZ sites the blokes down under do hold a lively conversation.  Some of it even rather intelligent however I've long since learned to read between the lines in their postings.  I'm rather disappointed that you and others are catching such flak *yet again* on this and many other ML products.  Steve's set up a great spot here and your always welcome to my campfire.

The machine is amazing and highly simplified so my hats off to ML as well as you JP and all the others who have contributed to bringing myself and others something I feel many of us have long dreamed about.  Even if it has some drawbacks or ruff patches it incorporates many things I have thought long and hard on over the years and all who put effort into this have made those dreams a reality.  Hats Off I Say!

That being said, if I don't miss my read it looks like my mate has shown up here in the forum *finally*.  Well met again AC. Hahh!

I'm finding the Z is pretty darn good in my tests on stuff that I could only find with my Joey at a half inch going down to almost 10 inches in benign ground.  But you have to slow down and really sweep methodically.  Still having issue with pinpoint but I'll figure it out. 

• Like 1

hi guys

i have been using the 7k since it came out and yes i am finding gold the other minelab machines are leaving behind.

as far as i am concerned its a great machine and a bit heavy but u get over that when she finds gold.

Dont forget that the capabilities of every prospector is totally different--some swing fast-low-slow-half moon-walk over targets etcetc

i have never known any minelab machine that has been released to be dodgy. each has a reason for existance.

keep finding gold and show the non believers nothing.

life too short to walk over western australia so i'll have to swing fast.

regards

oneday

• Like 1

Thankyou JP for your dedication and passion for bringing this new technology to the stage where it is now available to the public and I look forward to the video on how to get the best out of the 7000. I am also glad you never took me up on the offer to come to our patch. 6 ounces so far to the 7000 after 6 trips with no results to the 5000.

Tricky.

• Like 2