ZEDHEAD

Lunk

<SNIP> So then I went over the same ground again, but this time I shifted the Zed into hyperdrive by switching to the High Yield gold mode, and suddenly that elusive gold that I knew was there lit up like the Fourth of July! <SNIP>

Lunk Thanks for this good thread documenting your early results with the Zed.  Informative and inspirational!  The quote above, along with this super informative thread http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/826-minelab-video-gpz-7000-gold-mode/ give more evidence that High Yield is the go to Gold Mode in most instances.    I have found that to be true in my first few weeks experience with the Zed hunting in hard quartz which regionally or occasionally contains various hot rock.    I have yet to find a proven benefit for the general or extra deep gold modes in my application; and to be clear, I am still learning.

• Like 1

I'd like to be able to hear targets like those.   :wacko:   :angry:

• Like 1

Link, are you still using the audio settings you describe in the other thread?

Yes, the same audio settings work great with all combinations of gold modes and ground types.

Another 10 grams of chunky golden Zedness today, again in a spot that was cleaned out by the GPX 5000...I am REALLY liking this ZVT!

post-401-0-16156000-1428216580_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The weather in northern Nevada has been perfect and the Zed has been popping nuggets every day on the old patches. The highlight of the past few days was a solid quarter-ouncer at a foot deep in a spot I thoroughly gridded in the past with the GPX 5000; the signal was strong and clear from the start. Pictured is 18 grams of golden goodies and a 3 grammer found at a measured 12 inches...enjoy.

Gold Mode: High Yield

Ground Type: Normal

Sensitivity: 8-10

post-401-0-01231000-1429028210_thumb.jpg

post-401-0-50136700-1429028616_thumb.jpg

• Like 5