One Hour - One Big Flake

Hello All,

Had a dentist appointment today and got home just as it started to rain at 5 o'clock. Looked at the wife and she said you better get going because it'll be getting dark soon. Off i went to a new spot that was a quarter mile below were id previously found some color. Rain lightly falling i fired up the trusty SDC and slowly worked way up river along a small bedrock shelf. Not a thing. Circling around a scree slope that had previously slid into the river i spotted another little bedrock shelf. After scanning for a minute or two, woo-woo, i hear a little something, after digging a little gravels and fanning a little i see a large flake, its like gold foil. Not skunked and gold all 4 days i've had my new machine. Awesome. Wait a minute i think as i reach around to were my pack should be to get my gold bottle. No pack i was in such a hurry i forgot my pack, LOL. An i didn't notice for a good half hr plus. Addicted is the only fitting word. As it was getting darker and raining more heavily i got another signal and fanned out a crack and saw two flakes about half the size of the last. With no tweezers i tried hard to get them but had to leave them for another time. Not much gold - it wouldn't measure on my scale but allot of fun for sure.

AjR

post-661-0-57679100-1427167886_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

WTG Featherdfishead, good story.

• Like 1