2018 - Year Of The Equinox!

Thanks  for the info Steve, excellent write up!!  I have 4 spots that I'm convinced are "worked out" I have been hitting these places hard for the last 3 years with the Etrac and CTX, with every size coil(Etrac) and from every direction until finally they've played out. I'm betting the Equinox is exactly what the doctor ordered as all of them are polluted with iron and trash. I'm banking on the speed and the flexibility of the use of tones to bring to light a few more quality finds.  I'm getting both coils if they are available at the time of the shipment of the Nox. I'm thinking even with the big coil, the recovery speed might offset the size of the coil in relation to masking(hoping) I'm very much looking forward to putting the Nox to the test in these spots, if it does what I'm hoping, and I'll be surprised if it doesn't, it'll be the perfect clean up machine for the CTX.

• Like 1

Very nice work Steve, thanks.

I'm really looking forward to what people experience with the Exuinox on quartz piles, gold fields, trashy goldfield camp sites - hopefully JP can soon  share some experiences.

Near the keys in the photo - could almost be a Bitcoin :laugh:

Shame about the frozen ground - maybe you need an Oz trip :wink:

My goal this year is to find a gold coin as well so the $64,000 question is what is a gold coin going to ring up on the Equinox? 

Thanks for a great report Steve , Iv'e taken all the info in that your forum has released  preparing for the opportunity to have a crack in the Golden Triangle in AUS . This may sound silly but I haven't been impatient for the release and I'm not fussed when it happens . In the mean time I take note of all the old miners camps I come across when detecting with my SDC . I'm always dreaming of a gold coin find in our historic goldfields . Maybe in 2018 I will tick that most wanted box . I love finding gold with the SDC but with a coin your mind drifts into thoughts of who had it , how and what circumstances was it lost . That's enough for me , wishing all members a safe, healthy New Year and lot's of great finds in 2018 . 

Cheers

goldrat

• Like 2

Thanks Steve for that excellent report and very pleased to see your returns from extremely productive sessions.

I have in my mind one of my permissions where the Equinox is going to have a field day, it is the site of an annual four day music festival where I have hit it late in the summer for 4 or 5 sessions each year and producing over £100 a session and over the past 4 years I have used the CTX3030 with a program which I concocted using a total blacked out screen and then only accepted the UK £1 & £2 coins because this site is covered in ring pulls, silver paper and tiny bits of pie case foil  and crown caps and another thing which I didn't want to find is the UK copper and clad coins as it takes 100 kneeling and digging times to get the equivalent to a £1 coin.

The only drawback to using the CTX with this massive amount of discrimination is the total loss of any detection depth I could only find signals to no greater depth than a couple of inches and I can see the Equinox hammering this site.

• Like 1

With all that said I now realize why you were selling all those machines back in the fall.

I'd like to add to my comment.

It is a wonderful eye opener when a new machine suddenly opens up hunted out sites with so many good finds.  I had the same thing happen to me several years ago when the Fisher F75 first came out.  Actually the complete story is posted on the Fisher lab website under F75 field test report #2, http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/field-tests/f75-Mark-Gillespie-Report.htm 

Don't take it wrong by my mentioning this, but after reading the main post I'm now convinced the Equinox will give similar experiences to each one that purchases one.

• Like 1