Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt 2019
in partnership with Texas Association of Metal Detecting Clubs
Also known as Diggin’ Texas! Come out for a great weekend of metal detecting honoring the metal detecting legend Charles Garrett. There will be six different hunts, including “free range” hunting in the historic park itself. (See entry form for details on hunt packages and prices.) Prize tokens will be hidden in each hunt area. Find one and you could win Garrett detectors, Pro-Pointers, and more! Each hunt package includes free tent camping in the park. (A limited number of RV sites are available. Contact Diamond Don’s for rate.)
Basic Hunt Package:
Participation in prize hunts: Best Finds Hunt, Lights Out Hunt, Free Range Hunt, and Kids Hunt (for those 12 and under).
One Charles Garrett Memorial/Diggin’ Texas Hunt T-shirt (if hunt fee is paid before February 1, 2019)
Free park admission and camping (RV camping requires additional fee)
Hunters are free to search throughout the park grounds for native coins and relics that can be entered in the Best Finds contests. In addition, special prize tokens will be seeded throughout the park grounds that offer the finders a chance at winning metal detectors and other prizes.
We also plan to excavate fresh areas of the historic town dump site, from which diggers unearthed many old bottles and relics at the past hunt.
Meet other treasure hunters and find some treasure! Or explore Jefferson’s historic district and local museums
Optional Silver Hunt and Relic Hunt also available.
Plenty of Fun for All Ages!
• Meet other treasure hunters and find some treasure! Or explore Jefferson’s historic district, including local museums or the Jefferson Railway.
• Free Kids Hunt for ages 12 and under.
• Ironclad boat replica, and cannon firing demonstrations on Saturday (weather permitting)
• All prizes will be awarded! A random drawing will be conducted for unclaimed prizes.
• Special guests, more details to be announced!
• Picnic and coolers allowed. Alcohol restricted from designated hunt areas.
Weekend of March 29-31, 2019 (rain or shine)
Diamond Don Empire
1602 Highway 49 East
Jefferson, TX 75657
For more information visit the Garrett website