Kickindirt

Made It Out To A Couple Ghost Towns With The Orx And Deus

A friend and I spent a couple days swinging around a couple junk filled ghost towns. I am very familiar with the Xp deus. I had also brought with the new to me Xp ORX. I spent my time swinging both the deus/ORX with the 9 Hf, 9x5Hf and my LF 11x13 coils. I found some good stuff and was really able to put the new ORX to work. I kept the ORX equipped with the 9x5hf coil. Deus with 9Hf coil. Also have my 11x13 on a straight shaft to easily switch to that. These site have been hit hard over the last few years by me and a ton of other people and have seen 3 to 4 large group hunts. Heres a few pics

20190511_182648.jpg

20190511_185010.jpg

20190511_185309.jpg

20190511_192938.jpg

20190508_171346.jpg

20190509_091030.jpg

20190510_091305.jpg

20190511_202559.jpg

• Like 9

Since you have both machines how do compare the ORX with the Deus? Any pro's and con's on the ORX? I recently bought an ORX and have wondered if I should upgrade my controller to a Deus controller at some point. I also have the elliptical HF coil on the ORX.

• Like 1

Fantastic finds!! The button is in great shape.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeltaDigger said:

Since you have both machines how do compare the ORX with the Deus? Any pro's and con's on the ORX? I recently bought an ORX and have wondered if I should upgrade my controller to a Deus controller at some point. I also have the elliptical HF coil on the ORX.

Well that's a good question. The ORX is just a basic version of the deus really. Less features. Orx only has the 3 tone option in the coin modes. Orx can't run the old low freq coils for example. Deus has many more options also. I would ask yourself if you really need those options. The ORX seems to hold its own as far as depth and separation comparing to the deus. The added options are definitely fun to have. Especially the different tone options. 

And that's why I purchased it. I wanted a simple easy to operate machine. The only issue I have with it is the tones. It seems to me that the tones are somewhat slurred. In my opinion, it doesn't have that "dig me" tone when you get the coil over a good target. Is there a huge difference in tones between the 2 machines? Of course I'm still in my learning curve so it may just be me. 😄 Thanks for the information. The button you dug is in awesome shape!

• Like 1

Looks like a great hunt - thanks for posting!

• Thanks 1

DeltaDigger

• Yes is a big difference in tones. With the deus you can choose 2tone,3tone,4tone,5tone,Full tones, and pitch. On deus you can also adjust iron volume, and audio response. With audio response you can make those deep targets really come to life by cranking it up if ya like or feel the need to. Is a lot of detail in the 3 tone mode with the ORX. Try running your ORX like this. Iron volume off, disc at 9.5 and see what you think. My headphone for my ORX go extremely loud and clear. Hope you don't have a issue with yours. Prob just need to get use to the tones. Are a bit different sounding then most machines.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the information Kickindirt. I'll try it the next time I'm out.

• Like 1

Congrats on the nice finds. I keep eyeballing that machine ( ORX ) thinking I might have to give one a try someday. But until then I'll see ya in June and be ready for some more battles against a few old school machines LOL 

On the plus side, Monte has an ORX coming to evaluate and being he lives the next town over, I'll definitely be over there checking it out. And a chance to use it in some of our local old sites.  One question I have and I am not that familiar with the machines yet. If the battery is now placed in the lower rod section of the ORX how come they do not offer a smaller 5-6" coil or small 4x6" elliptical or something along those lines? As great as it can do with the 9" coils, imagine what it might accomplish with a smaller coil in those nasty iron/rusted tin filled sites we try to tackle.  

• Thanks 1