Made It Out To A Couple Ghost Towns With The Orx And Deus

22 minutes ago, OregonGregg said:

Congrats on the nice finds. I keep eyeballing that machine ( ORX ) thinking I might have to give one a try someday. But until then I'll see ya in June and be ready for some more battles against a few old school machines LOL 

On the plus side, Monte has an ORX coming to evaluate and being he lives the next town over, I'll definitely be over there checking it out. And a chance to use it in some of our local old sites.  One question I have and I am not that familiar with the machines yet. If the battery is now placed in the lower rod section of the ORX how come they do not offer a smaller 5-6" coil or small 4x6" elliptical or something along those lines? As great as it can do with the 9" coils, imagine what it might accomplish with a smaller coil in those nasty iron/rusted tin filled sites we try to tackle.  

I have a used ORX like new for ya to try. Make ya a killer deal!!! Ya I've been wondering and wishing the same thing for a smaller 4x6 or something. Not sure why they don't make one already. IDK but the 5x9 cuts through trash like a laser. The 9" coils do super well too. Most of my finds over the years have come with the older 9" low freq coil. No matter the coil the Deus/ORX are killer relic machines

First off, great digs Kickindirt!  Owning both a Deus and now an ORX, I would have liked to have seen perhaps a pitch tone option and perhaps a 4 or 5 tone option.  I am used to pitch on the Deus and the 3 tones really doesn't give me that dig me feel either but it can be utilized successfully.  It performs the same as the Deus at the equivalent settings and there are just a few situations where the Deus would outshine ORX.  In addition to the limited tone settings on the ORX, the inability to tweak some key settings "under the hood" such as silencer, iron volume, and audio response (like you mentioned) and lack of tracking GB are hindrances but can be worked around for most situations.   If I had to go somewhere and would be able to just grab one detector, the ORX would most likely get the job done for me though I would prefer the Deus or an Equinox if it was a beach locale.

On 5/25/2019 at 12:45 PM, OregonGregg said:

Congrats on the nice finds. I keep eyeballing that machine ( ORX ) thinking I might have to give one a try someday. But until then I'll see ya in June and be ready for some more battles against a few old school machines LOL 

On the plus side, Monte has an ORX coming to evaluate and being he lives the next town over, I'll definitely be over there checking it out. And a chance to use it in some of our local old sites.  One question I have and I am not that familiar with the machines yet. If the battery is now placed in the lower rod section of the ORX how come they do not offer a smaller 5-6" coil or small 4x6" elliptical or something along those lines? As great as it can do with the 9" coils, imagine what it might accomplish with a smaller coil in those nasty iron/rusted tin filled sites we try to tackle.  

The ORX is compatible with all the "newer" XP DEUS coils including the White HF coils (13, 28 and 58 khz (9" round coil ) khz or 13, 28, and 72 khz (5x9.5" elliptical coil) and all the new X35 coils (9" round, 11" round, 11x13" elliptical) which can be operated at 4 khz, 8 khz, 12 khz, 18 khz and 25 khz.  Only the HF coils have the battery in the lower shaft.  I think the 5x9.5" coil does what you describe as your preferred smaller coil option, it has the maneuverability and precision of a 5" coil with swing coverage of a 9.5" coil.  It is like a laser beam out there.  I like the HF coils for relic hunting because the 28 khz frequency hits hard on mid-conductive relics like brass, and lead.  At 13 -14 khz you can do some decent all purpose coin shooting and beach hunting (though DEUS/ORX is marginally stable on wet salt sand).  If you want to go deep the X35 series coils can get you that deep silver at 4 khz and 8 khz and puts you at a good place for relic and gold jewelry hunting at the 25 khz high end.

• Thanks 1

Thanks chase I really love those Xp machines. They sure can unlock the goods in those tuff sites.

• Like 1