Nugget For Sale

That's it I`ve sold at gold plus 10% premium for those nice ones, try for plus 40% premium. Now how does one tap into your market safely. Ebay has worked but not after a lot of relisting into US and Germany, any suggestions?

That's it I`ve sold at gold plus 10% premium for those nice ones, try for plus 40% premium. Now how does one tap into your market safely. Ebay has worked but not after a lot of relisting into US and Germany, any suggestions?

The key is no cost advertising because to get a good price takes a long time in some cases. In the last I advertised gold for sale on my own website and will do so soon in the future. The Classifieds here are free for your use. Maybe no sale but also no cost, so nothing lost. Many forums offer similar free services. eBay periodically offers listings with no listing fee so that is a good deal also.

I have taken up to two years to sell a single specimen for the "right price" so you have to be patient.

Steve, Sounds like the go, I`ll give the forum classifieds a shot with a smaller piece. It will be a experience to see if one can overcome postage, insurance, customs etc We just don`t seem to have a market for the larger stuff downunder.

Well that seemed easy to list, see how it goes. http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/classifieds/item/82-australian-gold-nugget/

Looks more like AU than USA--

Looks like a croc head to me...

Yep, Paul, I think you got it... for the life of me I can't see the USA map as a good example, maybe Mexico. But the croc, that is what he should be selling it as, a good ol Australian salt water croc... he would get $2500. per oz for his nugget.

• Like 2

Crickey, I`ve a look a like for the Croc Dundee here, take any offers over $4000/ounce. :)

Actually looks a bit like Tasmania, something that fell off OZ.

• Like 1

Hi Norvic,

I added the link for you. More advice from an old sales pro - it is all about presentation. Take several HIGH QUALITY close up photos from every possible angle. Go to great pains to show or disclose any scrapes or scratches. Anything you can add about when and where it was found is a big deal. Every good nugget has a story, tell yours, and you have added value. Otherwise it is just a nugget.

• Like 1

Right on, many thanks Steve for advice and pasting link. Unfortunately only took one photo of each back a bit, they reside in a bank safety deposit box 120ks away. Will do at first opportunity, for now just add a few other photos of other nuggets.