Tesoro Factory For Sale

Doors are closed and Vince is doing work on warranties. Employees have left. So no lifetime warranty. With that said I just bought two off eBay. A Compadre that was new in box and a Mojave used but in great condition.

They are gone...

Yes it was too bad, once Jack Gifford was out of the picture the business slowly crumbled. The last time i stopped there was after i found a rare one of a kind Celtic 1/4 Stater with a Tejon. The son was there and they could have cared less.. My Tesoros went away after that, too many other great units that were constantly improving...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• 3 months later...
On 7/24/2019 at 8:27 AM, Noah (FL) said:

Depends where or what you are going to use it for.  If you are looking for a Compadre or Mojave for park/playground gold jewelry hunting then by all means get one!  Beyond that I’d say it’s up to personal preference.  Any Tesoro, even a 20+ year old model is still capable of finding treasures despite what anyone tells you about the necessity of multi-tones and visualID numbers.   Just depends on what you prefer.  They appear to be going under as a business but no one really knows for sure.  Odds are that a new machine from a dealer will give you years of trouble free use but there is always a chance of needing repairs.  

P.S.     if the dealer you speak of has any new Compadres in stock please message me their contact information so I can buy another spare for the closet!!!

As of today , Treasure World in the UK are listing a lot of Tesoro and Laser machines + coils !!, if you are not sorted you may get lucky  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Other than my minding the store here for historical purposes, the world is moving on. Soon Tesoro will be just like Compass Electronics... a fond memory for us old-timers.

Hmmm, maybe I should change this into an analog detecting forum that celebrates all the old machines regardless of brand. Obviously just being a Tesoro Forum will run out of steam entirely as time goes on.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

You should be able to get neoprene washers at Ace that would work.  They would be in the little hardware trays somewhere.  As far as the plastic coil bolt and wingnut you can use most any other brand. You may need to enlarge the hole in the rod and coil or maybe wrap the bolt with a little tape if it is smaller.  

• Like 1

You can look on Mcmaster Carr, www.mcmaster.com

Lots of cool industrial stuff, use them occasionally when tinkering.

Other option is put a bid in on the building and specify you want all the parts included hehe

• Like 1