Tesoro Factory For Sale

They had a listing for business status in the past here but not sure how old that posting is:

https://www.dandb.com/businessdirectory/tesoroelectronicsinc.-prescott-az-12534255.html

Not sure with 4.8 mil in rev what a 200k mortgage would do. Maybe building maintenance ie roof or something?

I think they just lost heart in the business after Jack passed.

Very sad, they made some of the very best audio machines I've ever used.  Very distinctive audio ID.  Loved the Tejon.

The should at least give a statement on where owners stand with the lifetime warranty and repairs.  My guess is neither will happen or be honored, though would be nice to at least have a definite yes or no and then people can move on.

Personally I think they just don't want to have to confront or deal with any potentially angry customers who may have bought a Tesoro late in the piece just before they closed shop (with a worthless warranty).

Even though our local agent carries out repairs to the Tesoro range, don't know how long that will last regarding sourcing parts or whether they personally have any in stock. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goldpick said:

Even though our local agent carries out repairs to the Tesoro range, don't know how long that will last regarding sourcing parts or whether they personally have any in stock.

From the video it looks like they just abandoned the place with all parts and equipment sitting there as if the Andromeda Strain had moved through.  I would think there will be an auction of the contents with proceeds going to creditors.  Someone is going to get a bargain on the parts, but turning that into a repair business is unlikely to be much of a money maker unless they already are doing such.

• Like 1

What I am surprised by is that they even managed to last as long as they did. Coasting on 40 year old tech can only take you so far - and they aren't alone in this - hire a decent Electrical Engineer and try and make some real progress. Too much of what you see out there is just a rehash of the same old tech and designs. 

They can't compete with the beginner market where machines with a vdi is more appealing to people starting. They could have competed on the mid to higher end and could have done better than what Blisstool has come up with. There is still a niche market for analog machines  but certainly not on the scale of any of the other makers. Riding on older models and too many models with no real future product development is always bad.

Goldpick, if your local agent is still doing repairs maybe you could post their contact info for those that need it?

It sucks that they couldn't leave with some dignity to their followers. My Tesoro's are worth ZERO along with the fact that my newly acquired Makro Multi Kruzer's price just dropped 15% a month after I bought it doesn't please me. I never buy things like this thinking they are any kind of investment but I ain't buying any more machines in the foreseeable future unless they are Minelabs. They really hit the market hard with the Equinox series. I can see Whites folding in the not too distant future too. Sad because I was raised on Whites machines. Survival of the fittest I reckon.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If they can still be repaired to some degree then they are still worth something. Finds I got with my Tejon in matter of months far far exceed what I paid for the machine.

Garrett is still a solid company and probably the best customer support I have seen in any company. Heard Fisher is great too. My buddy has had good support with Whites.

• Like 1