Daughters First Trip To The Gold Claim

Mr. 1864Hatter. Sir.

You should be ashamed.  I was subjected to the same kind of abuse as a child and so instead of being a normal child I grew up with an appreciation for the wildlands of the Sierra mountains, a love for prospecting and the realization that I had a very special father. And now I am thoroughly addicted to prospecting with little hope for recovery.

I am voting for your photo to be the "Best Photo of the Year"!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, klunker said:

Mr. 1864Hatter. Sir.

You should be ashamed.  I was subjected to the same kind of abuse as a child and so instead of being a normal child I grew up with an appreciation for the wildlands of the Sierra mountains, a love for prospecting and the realization that I had a very special father. And now I am thoroughly addicted to prospecting with little hope for recovery.

I am voting for your photo to be the "Best Photo of the Year"!

Klunker,

That is a really great photo but I'd have to say your affliction and memories have called for a vote way too early before the mid-year mark!

Lots of other kids and grandkids and even a few great grand kids will be out and about before the end of the year ... or they should.  Keep the photos coming.  The contest is still open.

Mitchel

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm hoping that my daughter grows up to appreciate the outdoors as much as I do. In my opinion too many kids these days are stuck indoors without the opportunity / motivation to get outside and get muddy like I used to. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Lots of other kids and grandkids and even a few great grand kids will be out and about before the end of the year ... or they should.  Keep the photos coming.  The contest is still open.

Your right of course Mitchel  but i don't think even Mr. 1864Hatter could top his own photo- but I sure do hope he tries.

Hi John, yeah I hope my daughter gets the bug. Maybe it would be better if she had a milder dose of the fever than me though. I'd like to do more posts / videos but unfortunately I've not been getting out golding as much as I'd like and I'm generally too busy to do write ups. Plus I'm about to start an extension on my house and have another kid due in August. I'll be lucky to sneak out a few more times this year. 

I'm glad you get out as much as you do and do a superb job of reporting on your trips. I especially like your down to earth reporting on the various minelab models. I might add another detector to my arsenal once the house is done... Equinox or sdc not sure yet.