1.4 Kg Western Australia Nugget

Paul ... where are you?

This one is worth a bit less than $100,000.  That won't change your lifestyle much.

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/aussie-man-hits-the-jackpot-finds-100000-gold-nugget-004212339.html

• Like 4

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Here is another story on it with a bit more info

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12232711

Found with a GPX using 17x11" Coiltek Elite Coil....  gives us GPX users hope ?

100k nugget.jpg

Paul sold his 7000 before he went back this year.  I think lighter and more coils is the trick over there to get 'over' the gold.

Most big ones are found at shallow easily detected depth, therefore lighter more maneuverable detectors are quite adequate when it comes to being in the 'right spot'. You won't find too many large nuggets in 'flogged' ground.

• Like 3

Its a superb find and it makes no odds if it was found by a dog,metal detector or eyes only find and really pleased for the finder/s,but i am wondering and this is just my personal opinion if this is a slight PR marketing ploy trying to get more folks into the area buying detecting equipment and supplies making a mini gold rush because of a few high profile nugget finds......probable wrong but gold fever can grip folks and get them too part with money into the local economy ?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Reg Wilson said:

Most big ones are found at shallow easily detected depth, therefore lighter more maneuverable detectors are quite adequate when it comes to being in the 'right spot'. You won't find too many large nuggets in 'flogged' ground.

Yes, you can listen for 'deep' all you want but as you have told me and everyone else getting over the nugget is the trick and what you have in your hands doesn't quite matter so much.  Now, going small on the mullock heaps with the 2300 may have certain advantages if you want to be a vacuum cleaner!

Mitchel

Yes Mitchel, Five bits with the 2300 will just about buy you one of your much loved 'Burger King' indigestibles.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RickUK said:

Its a superb find and it makes no odds if it was found by a dog,metal detector or eyes only find and really pleased for the finder/s,but i am wondering and this is just my personal opinion if this is a slight PR marketing ploy trying to get more folks into the area buying detecting equipment and supplies making a mini gold rush because of a few high profile nugget finds......probable wrong but gold fever can grip folks and get them too part with money into the local economy ?

WA is the last 'big game' around that is relatively safe.  In a few years it will be over and then there will be flogged areas where once there were BIG nuggets.  My trip here proves that up quite well as they have been taking all the big ones for 170 years.  If a detector or coil company wants to take a little credit for it and send a spiff back to the detectorist then that is good business.