Sign in to follow this  
Tnsharpshooter

Etrac Comparing 2 And 4 Tone Ferrous As Well As Multi Tone Conductive

When I refer to lower ferrous could be confusing.   I actually am talking about ferrous line being lower on screen hence a higher ferrous number.

Depth itself of a nonferrous target can effect how high a ferrous reading is provided on Etrac screen.
Iron, rust, nail or nails can also drive ferrous number higher.

Ground mineralization levels will drive ferrous number readings.  Higher mineralization soil will usuallynread higher ferrous numbers on targets of equivalent depth vs soil of milder mineralization.

The orientation, size of target can drive ferrous number also.

So the total detecting scenario will be evaluated by what the Etrac feels as to how the ferrous number reads.

New folks to Etrac will find this video definitely helpful.  There are some myths out there as far as using 2 tone ferrous especially.

What the video shows I have indeed seen in the wild using Etrac and comparing.

Etrac users wanting more detailed info on this topic see this link (Etrac Manual) pages 63-66.
Innthe video I stand to correct myself.  I state the tone break built in Etrac using 2 tone ferrous is 19, it is actually 17 ferrous where the detector transactions as far as reporting a higher tone or lower tone.
https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/4065/4901-0065-1.3 Instruction Manual E-Trac_Screen.pdf

A few additional comments.
Use of 2 tone ferrous.
Sometimes a user may indeed get a good signal (due to ferrous number reporting in the zone).
However coil sweep speed and or coil position, coil height— if out of whack somewhat, this could drive ferrous number of what Etrac provides  hence higher ferrous number reporting could be had hence if ferrous number is high enough user will get a lower tone vs higher tone and user will keep walking.

• Like 1

Little different test comparing the tone ID profiles

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By OFS
      I am getting a GPX5000 and have a new problem to solve, what is the best way to transport it when flying?
      Thanks in advance for your advice!

Cheers
    • By phrunt
      There is a new show coming to TV called Aussie Metal Detectives.
      And they use Equinoxes 🙂
      Introducing the Aussie Metal Detectives - Leon Deschamps and Shayne Thomson. Two Aussie blokes digging for the greatest treasure of them all, the lost stories of the men and women who built Australia.
      I'll be watching this one!
    • By Steve Herschbach
      XP Metal Detectors - Technology and performance at the heart of your passion. Discover our brand new film! A Patrick Foch video.

• By Bobbo
      Hello all,
      My soon-to-be-fiancée and I are heading to Arizona in a few weeks. She's a Science teacher and loves ALL things space. I want to take her meteorite hunting but have NO clue where to start. For the folks whose ever been to Holbrook, I have a few questions:
      1. Are there metal detector rental places nearby? We're flying in from Florida so I'd like to purchase/rent when we get there.
      2. If we drive into Holbrook, are there maps telling you where to go hunt? I'll continue to look for GPS coordinates before I go. I've read folks talking about railroad tracks...
      3. Are metal detectors the best way to find something? Can you "drag a magnet" or use the naked eye?
      Thanks for any replies. ANY help will be much appreciated.
      -Bobbo

• By ukaradag
      Hi all,
      I need some help. I want to buy a detector. But my budget is limited(say i can buy a garret 400i or a fisher gold bug 2). 
      For me the depth is important after that iron discriminatin comes. I wil use it for gold prospecting(!check the picure, with gold what i mean). The depth is around 3 or 4 feet. Can you give me some advises for getting a detector? What kind of detector can detect this kind of treasure?
      Thank you very much.

• By devilsrenegade
      I wanted to share some pics of my completed goldmaster 4b detector shaft swap. It was fairly easy and l was happy with the results. I think someone could do the same thing with the gmt if they wanted .