Has anyone tried using a Sunray probe for small nugget hunting? It seems to me that a sunray probe attatched to shaft of a GB Pro or a F75 would work great in places where a larger coil would be too big, like in cracks and around rocks. Since the Sunray workes off of the detectors control box it should have good depth and sensitivity.

Very interesting concept, never new it existed.  Here is a link....

http://www.sunraydetector.com/sun_ray_invader_dx-1_page.htm

I think the Falcon Probes would be a better bet.

http://www.falconmetaldetectors.com/

Ivan

I have read a bit about the sunray probe on some of the various blogs and for the most part people really like them. the big advantages are you never lose your probe, you get all the discrimination your detector processor will provide, they use the same battery as your main detector and the depth is very good... better than most probes. the cons and there are always a few, on some detector and coil combinations (not many) you may find some noise in certain situations, it adds weight to the detector at least a pound to pound and a half and sometimes people forget to switch back to the main coil and cover a bunch of ground before they remember to switch back to the main coil. I don't remember any quality complaints, a few did not like them or thought it just was not worth it... a lot like them and some just love them and would not be without one. if you google sun-ray probes you will find a bunch about them. the falcon is a whole different ball game, but the most sensitive at 300 kHz, nothing better for fine gold, but the depth is not deep as most other pin pointers at times I've read an inch or even less on very fine gold. still in its application a very good tool to have.

IMO The Falcon would not have the depth. The Sunray work off of the detector electronics of the detector so it should have decent depth but may not be sensitive enough on small pieces.

spell checkers??? Sun Ray, not sunday probe, although I could have been talking about the one you only use on Sundays. the special Sunday dress detector day stuff. hope the nuns don't bust my nuckles over this one.

ok, not being bright, I just realized I can edit my errors after Ive posted... Hmmmm this new tool I found will be very handy for my typing impairment. 

The sun ray I think had just come out with a version of the probes for whites at the beginning of this year and at that time they only supported the DFX, mxt, V3i type platform or those Whites units that shared a coil and the V3i is one of the models that has some issue in certain applications because of the coil configuration. Im not sure anything in the 50 kHz is supported yet by sunray?

The SunRay for the ETRAC works great IMO---

(by the way my experience with the SunRay was on coins with the ETRAC so I guess i really don't know how it works on gold...)

It is an extension of the coil and the sound comes thru your speaker or headset and SOUNDS just like the detector sounds on targets...

I have used the Falcon and it will work .........but using it for a pin-pointer is a last case scenario for me----

I only i used it in Greaterville, AZ when i was using a 20 inch coil .........

and I had to use something or dig holes as big as VW's--(which i did anyways)---- it would get the bullets pretty easily, but gold would have to be within an inch, I would think----

paul

Since the f75 and the GB Pro have enough sensitivity to detect grain sized gold maybe the Sun Day probe would too when used on those detectors

Oops I forgot To use a period