Having A Hayday With The 800

That pecan grove must have some relic trees in full bloom. Who could possibly tire of your harvest? 

13 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

Let me know if these posts are getting old

Maybe in a few centuries, but you're safe until then.  ?  Thanks for posting your settings, too.

Is that larger button silver?  Very nice looking after you cleaned it.

7 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Maybe in a few centuries, but you're safe until then.  ?  Thanks for posting your settings, too.

Is that larger button silver?  Very nice looking after you cleaned it.

Thank you ?   The larger button is brass,  it's the lighting.

Congrats Dan!

I've tried to use 2 tones setting in the field, but it is harder than it sounds.

I am so used to 5 & 50 tones that while using 2 tones I can't really tell what is underneath the coil. Everything sounds like a silver coin.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, aygore said:

Congrats Dan!

I've tried to use 2 tones setting in the field, but it is harder than it sounds.

I am so used to 5 & 50 tones that while using 2 tones I can't really tell what is underneath the coil. Everything sounds like a silver coin.

Lol.... I understand where your coming from. I set mine up this way at this location, because if I get a repeatable tone, I'm going to dig it. I have my first tone break pitch set at 1, my other tone break pitch is set at 25. For me, when I'm on an 8 to 10 hour hunt, I don't have that mental fatigue from listening to more than a two tones.  My hunting partner, he can't stand running two tones.

Dan --

Yet again, NICE job!  Great saves!

Steve

• Thanks 1