kiwijw

More For The X Coil 10 X 9

Have you tried loaming to find the source? loaming is going to become a big part of the way I search for gold in the future.

Well done though on the gold and thanks for sharing the pictures and write up.

The 10" coil looks like a winner. It would be good to see how the 12" performs.  I reckon a 12' coil is about the perfect size for detecting. It was for me.

• Like 1

Thanks Jin, I haven't even tried the 12 inch yet. As to loaming.....I am trying electronic loaming :biggrin: But the damn gold is just randomly all over the place. It is like a meteor exploded above the ground, scattering gold every where. 🤔 MMmm, there is a thought :rolleyes:

Cheers

Good luck out there

JW 🤠

• Like 2

Nice crystal gold piece!  As well as the rest too!  Makes me really want a 10”

• Thanks 1

Real interesting crystal bit John. Keep that piece.

• Like 1

Love that crystalline piece! And those coils sure are doing great for you. Nice job!

• Thanks 1

Outstanding bit of detecting on your part JW and the crystalline piece is a ripper as they say down your way.

• Thanks 1

Nice work, that is exacting detecting. Those coils look good, I'm looking forward to hearing how they do in more mineralized ground. Thanks for taking the time to show us your efforts.

• Thanks 1

Nice finds! If you sell your nugget, hype it up good:  Rare New Zealand Hopper crystal showing octahedral structure and striations!

Ya something like that 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is like a meteor exploded above the ground, scattering gold every where

5 hours ago, kiwijw said:

. It is like a meteor exploded above the ground, scattering gold every where 🤔 MMmm, there is a thought :rolleyes:

I too believe in the random distribution theory of gold nugget dispersion.👀

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By strick
      Something I've been wanting to do for a while now..I got another x ray  generator couple weeks ago and wanted to try it out on my DR System.. Heres most but not all of the coils I have. 
      1. CTX 6"
      2. TDI Pro 12" double mono 
      3. CTX 17' 
      4. XP Deus 9" 
      5. Miner John 8x12" mono
      6. x cal 8" 
      7. Gold Monster 6" 
      8. Fisher Gold Bug two  6" 
      9. Nox 6" 
      10. Nox 11" 
      11-14 GPZ 7000 stock coil 

• By mn90403
      Several people have them.  What is your favorite X Coil and why?
    • By Norvic
      Out early this morn. to a shallow patch that produced nuggets up to 3 grams, the very first patch I found with the Z when it was less then a month old. 4 hours of detecting with the new 10" X coil, like both the 15 & 12 I found I could run the Z in normal on some fairly hot ground. Gold...…………. WOW it gets them small and that`s all it got small scraps, 10 to the gram stuff.  Now the 10 " runs a little noisier then the 12 & 15, thus I dropped the sensitivity to 8, no knock sensitivity at all, I was amongst rocks and tall grass. 
      The patch I run this on, was the initial patch I run my modded SDC with the 11" Coiltek Extreme, by doing so I thought I`d be able to perhaps see some difference in the ability of the Zs 10" X coil vs SDCs 11" Extreme coil, not so, both are top small gold coils.
      Whilst retrieving a nugget, the Zs threshold disappeared, I found the machine had turned itself off. I took the battery off and put it back, restarted the Z and no further troubles. Whether this was caused by a bad battery conx, or is related to the X coil I don`t know. I have never experienced an unexplained turn off before, thus will be keeping a eye on this should it occur again, I was using my sons Z as mine has the 12"X on it, back in the ute.
      Am I impressed with the 10" X coil, I sure am, it is a top addition to my coil armoury, will see much use amongst rock and narrow gullies where the larger coils will not go, although I do prefer the 15" X which has replaced the ML14 as my go to coil on the Z, I love nothing better then new patch hunting, just haven`t the patience for the clean up of patches, although they are there for the days my legs can`t do the yards.
    • By Norvic
      Have now got many hours of swinging, but I still am getting surprised at their performance, they`ve both put some weight in the pocket. Stability does not suffer at all from swinging against rocks or grass and importantly they are an advancement on the 2 ML coils in their depth and sensitivity capabilities. They have nice flat areas on top for pushing soil around with finger to isolate nugget. Also surprisingly they act a wee like mono coils (they aren`t) in that you can push any side, front or back vertically into hole or dug out soil to centre and retrieve the nugget which helps a lot in time it takes to retrieve signal. I`ve found I am using them both in normal much like I found one could with the ML19 but not so with the ML 14" which I found I had to use in difficult most the time on the ground conditions in my area.
      I run general/normal/10-15 sensitivity/semi-auto/ 7 volume/24-25 threshold which both X coils maintain nice and steady except for the odd wet tree root, hot rock, charcoal or ant hill as per norm. All pros no cons at all so far, have become so confident and pleased in their ability have a 10" in the mail, should be here next week. They have lifted my Z game, I place results way ahead of warranty concerns, had no trouble making the patch leads for my & my sons Z. I have no affiliation with our dealer or the Russian manufacturer, just am a very happy user of these quality coils.
    • By Condor
      Dave took 5 hrs out of his prospecting day to meet me and check my coil and Patch Lead.  It turns out the Patch Lead was faulty, Minelab Chip probably fried.  After talking with Dave, I probably used too much heat on the soldering iron and damaged the chip.  My philosophy of more power, faster results may have been misguided.  
      Fortunately, I didn't sacrifice a $900.00 coil since I had already sacrificed the coil when I inadvertently drug it behind the Rokon for several miles.  So,  I sent my working coil off to have it professionally done for a new Patch Lead.  More delays, but a cautionary note to all considering this route.
      Some interesting insight from Dave that might be helpful for those waiting for more testing.  Dave has a years worth of Anecdotal Evidence on the effectiveness of these X-Coils.  He shared some of his observations and it's quite impressive.  He's more than satisfied with the results but has no interest in engaging in internet claims, debate or justification.  The demand exceeds supply already.  
      The coils are now available in the US, drop shipped from Russia and he's set up to accept PayPal.  They're produced in small batches, so a wait list is already starting.  
      I believe Jasong is due to receive his coils soon, if he has not already.  I look forward to hearing what Jasong has to say after his own testing and observations.  

• By Trent King
      We have had one here for a month now and have been unable to use it 🤷‍♂️.  Tried the patch cable made by Steve first, zed says coil not connected 🤔, checked points with a multimeter all seemed correct.  Decided there had to be something wrong with our patch lead so sent it off to the mob in kalgoorlie to make a ‘proper’ one,  finally got it back and tried again, same problem 🤦‍♂️
      I’m a bit disappointed as we wanted to run it over some ground on the ugly nugget patch where we have got several multi oz pieces, but the mines department here only let you keep a certain amount of ground open so we are forced to rehabilitate it without getting to test as we need to move areas.  Hopefully Yank 2 can get a replacement before his trip is over so I can try it on some other ground we have.