Steve, I am wondering In that Area where you found that 6+ozt Nugget which Machine would be better out of the GMT and the MXT?? Baring in mind that It appears that the Software In The Newer GMTs seems a lot more powerful, In Air Tests It seems to be a lot deeper or maybe I just have a bad memory, But it Picks Items up from a HUGE Distance and If it Losses 50% of that distance in the Ground ?? Then It is Going to Be Awesome Out In The Field, So I am Wondering Have I bought A Mutant GMT or are all The Newer ones Like This??,

As you have pointed out Many times that the MXT works better in Hotter Ground, But with this GMT I am Not so sure Now

With the 5X9 (6X10) Twin D coil it is seeing things at the Same distance as my MXT 300 did using the 12" concentric Coil, we all know that coil see things about 5 or 6 inches more than the 5X9 Eclipse Coil Does, So Something In The Power Department is really Set to The MAX with these Newer GMTs,

Thanks Mate,, John

First off, I do not think there has been any change in GMT software. They are what they are. If you are talking air tests I would not put much store in the results myself. In ground would be another story. In fact, machines that air test hot can be very poor in the field.

As far as where I was hunting in Alaska, it would simply depend on if you wanted the machine to lean to small gold or large. If hunting general tailing piles for large gold I would prefer the MXT myself. But if I got on bedrock and was sniping tiny gold the GMT has the edge. The two machines overlap 90% or more in how they perform on gold so in most circumstances either serves as well.

Oh Ok, I was under the impression from a Video last year that Jimmy S got Whites to change A few bits and the Screen Now has A Sign that comes up that looks like the Christian Fish Symbol and the Numbers 41 next to it and when I phoned White in Scotland the Said it was the Newer Software Update Number and they Changed the GB Numbers from 77 down to 50 Upon Start Up and Jimmy talks about that in the Video Too,

The Manual still shows it at 77 so that prompted me to phone Whites, What ever has happened it's not like the one I bought in 2011, Its picking up Hammered Cut Half pennies at 11" to A Foot,

Thanks for your help,

John

Hi John,

It is possible of course that a change was made in the software I am not aware of. A change in software making the initial ground balance settings different should not make the machine detect deeper. However, I do not know everything or even half of it! I am glad you are getting such great results with your unit.

• Like 2

It does get very confusing when these things happen even more so when there is No Press release about such things, Because the Manual shows the GB number of 77 and my machine says 50, My first reaction was there was something wrong with it, for 2 reasons my old GMT said 77 and my MXT said 50 so panic was starting to set in,

Not to worry, Aye

PS, I just Ordered A New MXT All Pro, So now My Machines are All Up To Date and Under Guarantee, so that's Paid for and should be here By Thursday,, Happy Days,,,

Thanks again Mate,, John

Bit the bullet and have a Deus on the way, son has a CTX so we can compete??? on the coins, have been having some fun with the 705, enough to get me back into coins after 20 years plus just gold. NQ OZ But as to which machine for coins???? GPZ for gold in my part of the world for sure, can imagine what it`ll be like on those smallies once a small coil is available. Guess the coin market is huge compared to the gold, thus all the options.

• Like 1

Bit the bullet and have a Deus on the way, son has a CTX so we can compete??? on the coins, have been having some fun with the 705, enough to get me back into coins after 20 years plus just gold. NQ OZ But as to which machine for coins???? GPZ for gold in my part of the world for sure, can imagine what it`ll be like on those smallies once a small coil is available. Guess the coin market is huge compared to the gold, thus all the options.

I'm From the Sunshine Coast, Just A few inches South of you On The Map, Only wish the Drive was the same distance,lol.

Congrats On your new Machine, I don't think there is A better machine for Junk filled sites and in Old Ghost Towns your Gonna be Unstoppable Now,

Let us Know how that works out for you,

Good Luck HH ,,John