Summer Of Oz, Bumpy Start

6 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

This story sounds vaguely familiar.......can’t quite put me finger on it—-how bout a little help Norvic —— maybe you remember some story like this???? Hahahahaha

Yeah you had me puzzled there for a ps, I thought one Tangles on Earth at a time was its absolute maximum limit. Probably pay to keep Trent well lubricated, BBs offer may sway him on a hot thirsty day.

Now the intros done, trust you fellows have a top time with heavy pockets above all remember your soaking in it.

• Like 1

Well 15 minutes in to sorting out his detector this am Yank 3 hits his first nugget in the cap—-

Now they know what we mean by,  “CAP”

It is Saturday here and Trent has got them in the on-site classroom—?

One’s detecting and the other is exploring with T.

Fun times —-15 minutes to bust the skunk—— now we we see how long it is till the next one shows!!!

We have the beginnings of a nice camp. Pictures later.

UPDATE: Yank 3 has his 3rd nugget.... ?

77E8C75E-2E29-4116-8D9F-D160C96734CE.jpeg

4C5BA307-F3D0-4F76-9562-2272C0AE7AC2.jpeg

• Like 8

Nice stuff. I'm real curious to read a report about the differences in ground between there and Yuma, what sort of settings changes are necessary on the GPZ between the two.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jasong said:

Nice stuff. I'm real curious to read a report about the differences in ground between there and Yuma, what sort of settings changes are necessary on the GPZ between the two.

I second that!

Good news, Dennis bag from Qantas will arrive today.  I haven't detected yet, Dennis is using my 7000, while I've been sorting out the camp.  Power supply for the Waeco Fridges is an issue.  We're using one of Paul's dodgy 12volt deep cycle batteries hooked up to about 200 watts of solar panels.  It's been cloudy the past 2 days, minor sprinkle of rain.   We can keep up just barely if we unplug the fridge at night.  The inside temp drops 2 or 3 degrees overnight, don't want the beer to get warm.  The battery in our '85 Toyota Ute went south yesterday, so another trip to town for a new battery.  My new $800 Li ion 100 amp hr battery arrives today, so I think our power issues will get sorted out.  It's easy to forget all the power needs, phones, GPS, detector battery etc.. 

Dennis has found 9 crumbs of gold, maybe 2 grams total.  As far as the ground conditions as compared to AZ, it's a lot tougher here.  Dennis is running HY, Difficult, at about 10 Sens.  Running the Semi-Ground Balance and the Patch Search updates.  He's finding some tiny stuff, all pretty shallow.  The cap rock is a bugger.  Paul has a generator and a jackhammer in the back of his Ute, and it gets drug out pretty often.  As a matter of fact, I hear the jackhammer now in the distance.  Paul must be on one.  

Once we get the other detector and start getting serious I'll update with a new heading for our weekly results.

Cheers/Tally Ho

• Like 6

A couple pics of camp Yank, and a authentic WA coil tree.  Yank 2,3 are out swinging, doing ok.  Yank 1 has a couple days of rehabilitation work to do on the backhoe before we start pushing again, luckily the mines department like the rehabilitation to look messy, he is great at that.

24AD830E-46AB-4E08-B3D3-4E4EE304F829.thumb.jpeg.a2c7a1180b4bfa8340ce3ac0cea57cad.jpeg65962E2D-7828-4752-A445-19E115132C19.thumb.jpeg.fa35a10d1d15defafd1d1ad924888ab4.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Don`t let up on him Trent, as you know he slackens off quickly, tis the xxxx……...he hears it calling him...……. apparently.

• Like 1