5 Days Of Beach Hunting During The Storms

15 hours ago, phrunt said:

That's incredible, what detector were you using? Some very nice rings there.

I'm going to give beach hunting another go, I've decided to order myself a proper sand scoop as doing it without one was a bit of a mission.

I swing an Equinox 800 and it has served me well for a year now. A scoop with a long Handle is best so you don’t bend down too often.  I bought a no name brand off eBay for $100 and it’s still going strong after 2+ years, even digging in rocky beaches.  Best time to hunt is during storms and  low tides.  Also hunting during summer for fresh drops at touristy beaches is good. Good luck and HH

• Like 6

Good work Seeker. Headed to Pismo mid June for 3 days...Tides not that great but hopefully something will turn up...  looks like you found some some erosion...Beaches can be hard to read if you dont live and detect around them often....I've had a few experienced beach hunters give me advice over the years...but I'm a slow learner. 

strick

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 12:16 PM, phrunt said:

Thanks, yes I've ordered a no name brand scoop with handle off ebay too, It was going to cost me so much money for a brand name one as nobody locally appears to sell them, even my Ebay one ended costing me over a hundred bucks.

I've got a Nox 800 so with that combination hopefully I can accomplish some finds like yours ?

You shouldn’t have any problems finding jewelry with this detector. Good luck out there.

11 hours ago, strick said:

Good work Seeker. Headed to Pismo mid June for 3 days...Tides not that great but hopefully something will turn up...  looks like you found some some erosion...Beaches can be hard to read if you dont live and detect around them often....I've had a few experienced beach hunters give me advice over the years...but I'm a slow learner. 

strick

I found a decent cut at this place and just hit it till I couldn’t anymore. I went to other beaches before this one and non had any good sand movement. This particular beach only had about 150 foot long cut and the rest of the 2 mile stretch was unaffected by the waves. I’m a fairly new to beach detecting but once I got my equinox last April I started going more often.  I don’t know if it’s the detector or what but since I got the EQ I have recovered 42 Gold rings (1 return). I’m sure if you take your time walking the beach, looking for heavy targets you’ll get something good.  Don’t forget those 1’s and 2’s can be chains, I have found two so far. Good luck

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Well done!!!!!!thats amazing whats the oldest item?

RR

The oldest item from these finds is a Merc, although I can’t read the date due to the crust on it.  I was able to take some of the crust off it but not enough to see the date.

• Like 1