Just Back From Northern Nevada Desert

Way to go GB glad you got to make the return trip, congrats!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice hunting - especially with a Nox. That is no picnic up there and you have done well. I fully sympathize with the distances that have to be covered to get to good areas. 

• Like 3

GB_A. Very nice work indeed! Thanks for the write up and pictures. Interesting hot rock TID spread and your various approaches to the conditions you faced. Glad you had a safe and productive adventure. It is the perfect time of year for camping in northern NV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sweet! Yeah, been a cool, wet spring and still at it, warmer weather seems late this year. I always enjoy hunting the tiny bits simply because even the most thrashed patches will put a few in the vial with diligent hunting.

There are hot rocks in Nevada and California that come in around 13, quite annoying. They drop out if you lower the gain enough or they can be notched out and gain left high. Either method has minor risks for lost gold. The right single frequency very often will knock them out also. There often are no clear answers, just judgement calls as what setting may be best. It is what makes nugget detecting such an interesting thing for me, and Equinox in particular such fun. I like having settings to play with, and that is the main reason I like the Equinox for hunting gold compared to the Gold Monster.

Anyway, your nugget collection is growing - congratulations!

• Like 4

WTG!  Yep, that Rye Patch dirt is a tuff gig when damp.  Glad you powered thru it and found a few nuggets.  October, is a good month historically for great soil conditions.  But, this year who knows, lol.

LuckyLundy

• Like 4

Congratulations on the gold, where there is some, there is more!  The desert is sure pretty in the spring.  Thanks for sharing.

Brian.

• Like 2