Just Back From Northern Nevada Desert

Outstanding....bringing any gold home is a successful trip but spending time out in that desert and soaking it all in with friends is the real treasure...

Strick

• Like 3

I agree with my friend Strick!  I have been going to the north Nevada desert country since the early 90's, before the big Minelabs, only the vlf's were available at the time.  The evolution of the Minelab brand quality has evolved as well.  Some of the early searchcoils had to be mended/held together with cloth backed tape...  The lithium ion batteries were a blessing, expensive, yes, but lighter than the lead acid batteries of yore.  When I got skunked with my first heavy Minelab, bummed as anyone who has left empty handed from the place will know, my only respite and remedy was to get out my old trusty Gold Bug 2, which, had only 5 numbers in it's serial number, to give me tell tale whispers of hidden bits of gold.  Now, the Gold Bug 2 serial numbers are in the multi-millions...  I believe the old Fisher girl has again been sold by the lucky chap who acquired her from me in a trade...what a sad parting that was for me...  Please excuse me while I wipe the tears from my misty eyes.   ~LARGO~ 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Any gold from Rye Patch is well earned.  Nice to see some Spring Flowers out there.  Your write up was informative and well done.  Wishing you even more luck on your next trip.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1