Minelab Equinox 800 Control Box Without The " Equinox 800 " Symbol?

Hey guys.

Back in December 2018 I deliberately bought the Equinox 800. A very functional device. Until today I didn't notice that something was "missing" on the control box, it is the "Equlnox 800" symbol as you can see it in s-l800.jpg above "Settings" between plus and minus. Does someone know why? Any reasons for that?

• Confused 1

Yeh, it's kinda surprising Minelab made the screen protector with its button hints cover the detector logo.  Once you've had enough experience stepping through the menu (and recognizing the menu item pictograms) you can replace the screen protector with one that doesn't have the menu labels.  I did just that, actually using laptop/tablet screen protector which has a more diffuse finish and thus less reflection than the supplied ones.  Still nice of them to include those, though.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Too funny!  Glad you found it. It happens to me more than I’d like to admit. Good luck!

• Like 1

I sold a used one recently and the customer who got it, felt I was trying to pull a fast one on him.  I had emailed him the exact photos of the LCD screen before he purchased.  When he got it, he thought I had sold him a China Fake as it was different than the photos on the box and all over the internet.  What was most amazing, was the long phone message I was left as he ranted on forever.  I was so upset for him thinking I would sell a China Fake, I told him to send it back and I would refund his money (minus my shipping).  

He eventually realized what I was trying to explain about the screen protectors and how they cover the keys.

Glad you did not call Minelab trying to figure out why you received a different machine.

A simple way to fix it is to actually cut the bottom of the screen protector, so it does not cover the function keys.

• Like 1